Are you someone who opens the emails but does not read them? Do you have a hard time finding those emails again? If you learn to move the emails to the Unread folder, it will be easier for you to find and read the emails later. This blog post will teach you how to move the emails to the Unread folder in AOL mail.
To move emails to unread folder, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your AOL mail account
- Select the folder whose message you want to move
- Click on the More option
- Finally, select “Unread” and its done.
Your emails will now be moved to the Unread folder, and it will be easier for you to find and read the emails later.
Keep reading this article to find more about Unread Emails, the advantages of moving emails to the unread folder, and some tips.
What Are Folders In AOL Mail?
Folders are nothing but a way to organize your emails. You can create as many folders as you want and put the emails into those folders according to their topic or type. For example, you can create a folder for “Work” and put all the work-related emails into that folder. You can also create a subfolder for “Inbox” and put all the emails that are currently in your Inbox into that subfolder. This way, you don’t have to look through all the folders to find the email you’re looking for.
By default, AOL Mail has some folders already created for you, such as Inbox, Sent, Spam, Trash, etc. You can also create your custom folders.
To create a new folder:
- Click the Folders icon in the left panel.
- Click the New Folder button at the top.
- Enter a name for your folder and click Save.
About Unread Emails
An unread email is an email you have not yet opened or read. When you receive a new email, it will appear unread in your Inbox. You can tell if an email is unread because it will have a blue dot next to it. Once you open and read the email, the blue dot will disappear.
By default, all new emails will be marked as unread. You can change this setting by following these steps:
- Click the “Settings” icon in the top right corner of your AOL Mail window.
- Select “General” from the list on the left.
- Under “When I Get A New Email,” select either “Mark As Read” or “Do Not Mark As Read.”
Can we move emails from one folder to another in AOL Mail?
I understand that sometimes you might open an email but still wish to have it on the unread list. AOL Mail allows you to move an email from one folder to another. This includes the ability to move an email from your Inbox to the Unread folder.
So, if moving email to an unread folder has ever crossed your mind, keep on reading.
How To Move Emails To Unread Folder?
Moving an email from one folder to another may be easy and a big life savior to some, but it can be a little confusing for AOL mail users who are not as familiar with the program. However, it won’t be a big deal after you follow these simple steps:
Step One: Sign In To Your AOL Mail Account
First, you need to sign in to your AOL mail account.
Step Two: Select The Target Folder
After signing in, navigate to the folder whose messages you want to move. This can be done by clicking on “Folders” in the left panel and selecting the desired folder.
Step Three: Click On The “More” Option
When you’re in the desired folder, find and click on the “More” option. It’s usually located at the top of the page next to “New.”
Step Four: Select “Unread” And Its Done
A drop-down menu will appear when you hover over “More.” Select “Unread” from this menu, and the message will be moved to the Unread folder.
It will take some time to move, especially if it’s a long message. You will see a status bar at the bottom of your screen that says “Copying messages.” This is just letting you know that AOL mail is moving the email, and it will be done soon.
Why Move Emails To Unread Folder?
Now that you know how to move an email to the Unread folder in AOL Mail, you might be wondering why you would want to do this. There are a few reasons:
- You might have opened an email but still need to read it later.
- You might want to keep track of which emails you’ve read and which ones you haven’t.
- You might want to save important emails that you don’t have time to read right away.
- When you move an email to the Unread folder, it will have a blue dot next to it so you can easily tell which emails you need to read.
- For easy organization, you can create subfolders in the Unread folder to sort your unread emails by topic or sender.
What Sort Of Emails Should Be Moved To Unread Folder?
There is no right or wrong answer to this question. It depends on what works best for you and your email habits. For example, some people might choose to move all of their emails to the unread folder, while others might only move certain types of emails.
Some common types of emails that people choose to move are:
- Emails from your boss or other important contacts
- Emails that are part of a project you’re working on
- Emails that contain information you need to remember
- Emails that you need to take action on
Advantages Of Moving Emails To Unread Folder?
Moving an email/email to the Unread folder has its advantages. Some of these advantages are:
- You can easily tell which emails you need to read
- You can keep track of which emails you’ve read and which ones you haven’t
- You can save important emails for later
- You can create subfolders in the Unread folder for easy organization
Here are some tips to help you make the most out of your Unread folder:
- Only move emails that you need to read later. This will help you keep your inbox clutter-free and make it easier to find important emails.
- If you’re moving a lot of emails to the Unread folder, create subfolders to organize them by topic or sender. This will make it easier to find the email you’re looking for.
- If you have a lot of unread emails, try using the “Sort” option in the “More” menu. This will help you quickly find and read your unread emails.
- If you’re using a desktop or laptop computer, try using the “Unread” folder in the AOL Mail sidebar. This will make it easy to see all of your unread emails at a glance.
- If you want to move more than one email, select them by clicking on the checkbox next to each email’s subject line. Then, select the “More” option and choose “Unread.”
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs):
Below are some frequently asked questions about moving emails to the Unread folder:
Q: Can I move more than one email at a time?
A: Yes, you can move more than one email at a time by selecting the checkbox next to each email’s subject line. Then, select the “More” option and choose “Unread.”
Q: Can I move an email back to my Inbox?
A: Yes, you can move an email back to your Inbox by selecting the “More” option and choosing “Inbox.”
Q: What happens to an email when I move it to the Unread folder?
A: When you move an email to the Unread folder, it will be stored in that folder until you delete it or mark it as read.
Now that you know how to move emails to the Unread folder in AOL Mail, you can start using this feature to organize your emails. Try it out and see how it works for you. You might be surprised at how helpful it can be!
If you have any questions about moving emails to the Unread folder, feel free to leave a comment below. I’m always happy to help!