How often do you receive spam emails? How many of those emails do you delete immediately without even viewing them? If the answer is “too many,” then it’s time to archive your spam. Archiving all spam emails in Yahoo Mail will help with organization and keep your Inbox free from clutter and viruses that can come with opening attachments or clicking on links. In addition, you can archive the spam emails instead of deleting them just in case you might need to see them later.
To archive all spam emails in Yahoo Mail:
- Sign-in to your yahoo mail account.
- Select the searchbar and type “is: spam” (without quotations).
- Select the “All” radio button at the top of the search results.
- Click on the Archive button.
- A confirmation window will pop-up, click on “Yes.”
You have now archived all your spam emails in Yahoo Mail! Keep reading to learn more about the topic.
What Is Archiving In Yahoo Mail?
When we archive emails in Yahoo Mail, the email will be moved from our Inbox to an Archive folder. The email will still be accessible, but it won’t show up in our Inbox anymore. This is a great way to keep our Inbox clean and organized without having to delete emails.
What Happens When We Archive All Spam Emails In Yahoo?
Archiving all spam emails in Yahoo Mail will prevent them from showing up in our Inbox and help us stay organized at the same time. If you would like to access any of these archived messages, just click on “All Mail” in the Navigation Menu. You can also click on “Archive” to see a list of all the archived emails in your account.
Archiving spam emails play a great role in protecting you from potential spam and virus attacks. For example, if you have ever opened an attachment from a spam email or clicked on a link, you could be at risk of getting your computer infected with a virus. By archiving all spam emails in Yahoo Mail, we can help protect our computers from these risks.
Can We Archive All Spam Emails In Yahoo Mail?
Yes, we can archive all spam emails in Yahoo Mail. You can archive the spam emails one by one and in bulk; the choice is yours. Just follow the instructions in this blog post to learn how.
Before You Archive All Spam Emails
Before you archive all spam emails, there are a few things you should keep in mind:
- If you have any important or sentimental emails in your spam folder that you don’t want to lose, make sure to move them to your Inbox before archiving all spam emails.
- Archiving the email messages will only move them to an Archive folder, and they won’t be deleted from your account. If you want to delete these messages for good, just select “Delete Permanently” when you are viewing the message in question instead of archiving it.
- Some spam emails may contain important information about purchases you have made or messages from your friends, so it is a good idea to check the email before archiving.
- The problematic spam emails that you don’t want to see anymore can be moved directly to your Trash folder instead of archiving them.
Does Archive Happen Automatically?
The Archive does not happen automatically in Yahoo Mail, but we can make it work this way by changing a few settings. To enable the automatic archiving option:
- Go to “Settings” in the Navigation Menu.
- Select “General.”
- Under “Auto Archive,” select the “All Mail” radio button and then click on the “Save Changes” button.
Now, every time an email is moved to our Trash folder, it will automatically be archived as well.
How To Archive All Spam Emails In Yahoo Mail?
Now that we know what Archive is and what happens when we archive spam emails in Yahoo let’s learn how to do it! I am discussing how you can archive all spam emails in yahoo mail.
-In Yahoo Mail Basic/Classic
If you are using the classic version of Yahoo, follow these steps to archive the email messages:
- Login to your yahoo mail account by going to mail.yahoo.com
- Click on the “Inbox” tab at the top of the page.
- Open the spam folder.
- Select all of the email messages in the folder by clicking on the “Select All” link at the top of the page or by using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+A.
- Once you have selected all of the spam messages, click on the “Archive” button located in the toolbar at the top of your screen.
- A window will pop up asking if you want to “Archive” the messages. Click on the “Yes” button.
- The spam emails will now be moved to your Archive folder and they will no longer appear in your Inbox
And you will have a spam-free Inbox!
-In Yahoo Mail Application
The process for archiving all spam emails in Yahoo Mail Application is similar to the process we went through before. It’s just a few simple steps.
- Launch your yahoo mail application and sign-in to your account.
- Open the spam folder or click on “Spam” in the Navigation Menu at the top of the page if you are using yahoo mail application for PC/Mac.
- Select all of the email messages in the folder by ticking the checkbox beside each message.
- Once you have selected all of the spam messages, click on the “Archive” icon in your toolbar to move them to the Archive folder.
And you are done! You have successfully archived all spam emails in Yahoo Mail Application.
Why Archive All Spam Emails In Yahoo Mail?
Archiving the spam emails in yahoo mal comes with great benefits. Some of these benefits include:
- It ensures safety and security while using your yahoo mail account.
- It helps to keep the inbox clutter-free and prevent any spam emails from reaching you in the future.
- It keeps our Inbox clean and spam-free.
- The Archive folder can be used to store important or sentimental emails that we don’t want to lose.
- We can easily find the archived email messages by using the search bar on the Yahoo website or in the Yahoo Mail Application. So, if you ever have to access an archived email message, it will be easy to find.
These are the few reasons I could think of. But, of course, you can keep adding to this list in your own words in the comment section below.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
Q: What is the difference between deleting and archiving an email?
A: When we delete an email, it is permanently removed from our account and cannot be retrieved. However, when we archive an email, it is moved to a designated folder (i.e., Archive) and can be easily accessed if necessary in the future.
Q: Can I keep my Spam folder empty?
A: Yes! We can archive all spam emails by enabling the “Auto-archive” option for our trash folder, just like we did before with our spam folder. This way, you won’t see any spam email messages in your spam folder, and you can keep them empty.
Q: Does archiving the emails automatically delete them from my account?
A: No! Archiving an email message differs from deleting or moving an email to Trash. When we archive a message, it actually moves the message into another folder that we can access in the future.
Q: Can I view my archived messages directly from my Inbox?
A: No, you can’t do that! Archiving is a different process for the yahoo mail application and classic version of Yahoo Mail. However, this doesn’t mean we cannot easily find our archived email messages. The best thing about archiving is that we can access our archived messages through the search bar on the Yahoo website or in the Yahoo Mail Application.
Archiving spam emails in yahoo mail is a very effective way to keep our Inbox clean and spam-free. It also comes with many benefits, such as keeping our account safe and secure, preventing future spam messages from reaching us, and helping us easily find important or sentimental emails that we may have archived. So, if you are using yahoo mail, I would definitely recommend archiving all spam emails. Thanks for reading!