It is essential to keep track of all the emails we receive and send. When you use Yahoo Mail, it is possible to archive all starred emails, which means they will no longer be visible in your inbox and can only be accessed from your Trash folder. If you want to know how to archive all starred emails in Yahoo mail, this blog post will help you out.
To archive all starred emails in yahoo mail, follow these steps:
- Login to your Yahoo account.
- Now, navigate to the Search Box at the top of the screen.
- Type “Starred” in the search box and hit the enter button or click the search button.
- This will list out all the starred emails in your Mail Box area. Now click the Select All button from the navigation bar of your Mail Box to select all the messages.
- Finally, click on the Archive button from the navigation bar to archive all the selected starred emails from your Yahoo Mail.
Then, please stick with us till the end to know more about archiving starred emails in Yahoo Mail.
What is Archiving In Yahoo Mail?
When we archive an email, it means the message will be removed from your inbox and moved to the All mails folder. The email remains in our account, but it’s no longer visible in the inbox. This is a great way to keep your inbox clean.
Archiving is a great way to save space in your inbox. Archiving emails has become the new trend, but you need to know when and how to do it right, or else things can get messy. That’s why we are here for!
What Happens When We Archive All Starred Emails ?
When you archive all starred emails, the messages will be removed from starred and moved to the All mails folder and remain in your account. However, these messages can only be accessed from Trash, so it’s essential that we take care of our trash folder as well.
If you want to reaccess these archived emails, you can go to the Trash folder and select the email message.
You can always unarchive an email by selecting it and clicking on the Unarchive button from the navigation bar. So, there wouldn’t be much problem getting your emails back to your inbox even after archiving.
Before You Archive All Starred Emails
It is essential that you archive all starred emails with caution because if done wrong, you may delete essential emails by mistake. To avoid this issue, always remember to check your trash folder before archiving all starred emails in Yahoo Mail.
Here are a few points to keep in mind before you archive all starred emails:
- Make sure that you have checked your Trash folder and there are no important emails that were accidentally deleted.
- If there are any important emails in your Trash folder, then restore them back to your inbox or take some other action.
After taking the necessary precautions, go ahead and archive all starred emails in Yahoo Mail.
Do Emails Get Archived Automatically?
Storing emails in the trash folder of your Yahoo Mail account is not an automated process. This means that you have to go into each email and archive it manually if you want to remove them from your inbox.
How To Archive All Starred Emails In Yahoo Mail?
Archiving the starred emails one by one can be an arduous task, and I understand your pain. It’s okay if you have to archive a few numbers of starred emails, but in case there is a whole big pile of them, it would be a total nightmarish experience. So, to avoid all that drama and make your life easier, I have written this article for you.
Below is a guide on archiving starred emails for both the yahoo webmail and yahoo application. Follow the respective guide according to your needs.
-In Yahoo Mail Basic/Classic:
It’s simple and easy to archive all starred emails in Yahoo Mail Basic/Classic. Follow the steps below:
- Open your Webmail or Classic version of yahoo mail account on a browser and login with your credentials.
- Now, navigate to the Search Box at the top of the screen.
- Type “is: Starred” in the search box and hit the Enter button or click the search button.
- This will list out all the starred emails on your Mail Box area. Now click the Select All button from the navigation bar of your Mail Box to select all the messages.
- Finally, click on the Archive button from the navigation bar to archive all the selected starred emails from your Yahoo Basic.
And voila! The process is complete.
-In Yahoo Mail Application:
If you are using the yahoo mail application on your android or iOS device, this section is for you only. Follow these steps to archive all starred emails in the Yahoo app:
- Open the Yahoo Mail App and login with your credentials.
- Tap on the Menu button from the top left corner of your screen.
- Select “Starred” from the menu.
- Now, all the starred emails will be displayed in a list. Tap on “Select All” to select all messages.
- Finally, tap on the “Archive” button to archive all selected starred emails in Yahoo App.
And there you go! You have successfully archived all the starred messages from your yahoo application.
Why Archive All Starred Emails In Yahoo Mail?
There can be many reasons why you would want to archive all the starred emails in your Yahoo account. Some of those are mentioned below:
- Archiving is a great way to declutter your inbox and keep it tidy and organized.
- It prevents important emails from getting lost, which may happen if they remain unread for a more extended period of time.
- It also saves you time and energy by allowing you to access all your archived emails in one go.
- The process of archiving helps free up some space in your mailbox, which is especially helpful if you are using a limited email account.
- Archiving also helps reduce the load on your email server, which in turn can improve the performance of your Yahoo account.
There might be other reasons specific to your needs, but these are the most common ones. Dont hesitate to archive all your starred emails if any of these reasons resonate with you.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
Q: What is the difference between archiving and deleting an email?
A: When you delete an email, it is permanently removed from your account and cannot be recovered. However, it is moved to the “All Mail” folder when you archive an email and is still accessible from there.
-Can I select multiple messages at once to archive them in Yahoo?
You can choose more than one message by holding down the shift button on your keyboard and then clicking all the messages you want to remove from your inbox. Doing this will open up an additional window to select all the messages. After that, follow the same steps as mentioned in the above sections to archive them.
-If I delete a message from my Yahoo mailbox, will it also be deleted from my Trash folder?
No, when you delete a message from your Yahoo mailbox, it is only removed from your inbox and not from Trash. The messages are automatically moved to the trash folder after remaining there for 30 days or more, which you can change under your Mail Settings.
So, there you have it! You now know how to archive all starred emails in your Yahoo mailbox. Follow the steps mentioned above whenever you feel like archiving an email from your inbox. It is a quick and easy process that can help you declutter your mailbox and keep it organized. And dont forget, archiving doesnt have to be done just for starred emails. You can also archive all the emails in your Yahoo account by following these simple steps.
Just keep in mind why you want to archive them and then take the necessary steps.
That’s it for today! Keep coming back to know more about Yahoo mail and other features.