Nowadays, we are handling every little work through the email, whether it was to organize the essential meetings or handling our clients for small business. We always don’t have to call everyone to have communication with them, which can be pretty helpful. But when it comes to sending the email, then it consumes the sender’s certain time – as we have to open the browser for just a tiny mail. Sometimes, this process can be a little bit annoying when we have a busy schedule.
So, do you want to get rid of those annoying process and want to access your yahoo mail on your desktop easily? Then you came into the right article where I will explain how to add yahoo to your desktop with simple steps without opening any browser on your computer.
If you use yahoo mail for your day to day work, then you can easily access and navigate your online email clients with just double-click on your desktop by just adding the shortcut. So, let’s move to the process without consuming your time.
How can you add Yahoo Mail to your Desktop?
You can add or access your yahoo mail to your desktop with just double-click, so follow these simple procedure steps by step down below:
- Open your computer or laptop, and go to your desktop. You can press Windows + D to go to your desktop.
- Now, right-click on the empty spot on your desktop, which opens the drop-down menu. “Trouble while creating your yahoo mail account, then checks out our article.”
- Now, select the “New” option from the drop-down menu. After that, select the “Shortcut” button that pop-up the shortcut page where you can add your yahoo mail address or location.
- Now, type http://mail.yahoo.com in the text location of the item option and select the folders for that location from the browse.
- Once you have selected the location, click on the “Next” button for the next steps.
- Now, type the desired name in the text field for your shortcut file.
- Note: Type your shortcut name as “yahoo mail” because it will be easier for you to search on your desktop.
- Finally, click on the “Finish” button to create your yahoo shortcut file.
Now, this way, you can easily access your yahoo mail on a desktop, which can save you time. Pretty simple right?
Advantage of using the Yahoo Shortcut on your Desktop
- Save time: Creating the shortcuts for your mails or any other application can be a distinct feature when it comes to the time-saving method.
- Faster access: It can be pretty helpful when you are feeling lazy to open your browser to access your yahoo mail.
- Simple: Adding a shortcut on the desktop makes our tasks simple. You do not have to follow more steps while accessing your yahoo mail.
How can you add yahoo mail to your Taskbar?
If you are using Windows Operating Software, then it will be easier for you to access Yahoo mail from your Taskbar rather than visiting your desktop.
The Taskbar is a component of Windows Operating Software that is located at the bottom of your screen.
Assuming you have created the Yahoo Mail Shortcut on your desktop with the help of steps mentioned on “How can you add Yahoo Mail to your Desktop?”, here are the steps to add the Yahoo Mail to your Taskbar:
- Drag and drop the Yahoo Mail shortcut you created to your Taskbar. Doing this will pin your Yahoo Mail shortcut to the TaskBar.
- Optional: If you don’t need the desktop shortcut, then you can delete it. Deleting the shortcut file will not affect the Yahoo Mail shortcut pinned on Taskbar.
How to add Yahoo Mail to your desktop using Microsoft Store Yahoo Mail app?
Yahoo has Yahoo Mail Application for Windows. You can install the Yahoo Mail app and add it to your desktop too. Here are the steps to add Yahoo Mail to your desktop using Yahoo Mail app:
- Go to Microsoft Store and install the Yahoo Mail app from the Microsoft Store.
- Once you have installed the Yahoo Mail app, press windows key and type Yahoo, you will see the Yahoo Mail app.
- Right-click on the app. It will open a context menu.
- There you can see many options. Click “Pin to Start” to place an icon for the Yahoo Mail app on the Windows Start screen. Click “Pin to taskbar” to pin a shortcut icon for Yahoo Mail to the Taskbar.
- It doesn’t have an option like create a desktop shortcut. To create a desktop shortcut, select the Open file location option from the context menu.
- From the window, right-click on the file and select Create Shortcut option.
- Copy and paste the shortcut to the desktop.
If you don’t like Yahoo Mail App and is looking to remove/uninstall it. Here are the steps for you:
- Press windows key type settings, click on the Settings icon from the search result.
- Click on Apps from the Windows Setting Panel.
- Click on Apps & Features from the left navigation menu. By default, the Apps & features option is preselected.
- Search from the list of installed app and select the Yahoo Mail app and click the Uninstall button.
- Tooltip saying, “This app and its related info will be uninstalled,” click the Uninstall button to confirm.
- You have successfully uninstalled the Yahoo Mail App.
The Yahoo Mail app for Windows 10 has been discontinued. Going forward, you can access your Yahoo Mail account using your web browser.
Source: Yahoo support
How to add a Yahoo email account to the Windows 10 Mail app
Since Yahoo announced that Yahoo Mail app is discontinued, you can add Yahoo email account to another Mail app like Outlook, Thunderbird, Apple Mail, etc.
You can add Yahoo Mail to any third-party email app by setting up Yahoo IMAP. Check the article on “How To Access Your Yahoo Mails With Your Email Clients Using IMAP and POP”
If you are using Windows 10 Mail app, then it’s super easy to add the Yahoo email account. Here are the steps to add a Yahoo email account to the Windows 10 Mail app:
- Search for keyword Mail from search bar located at the bottom on Taskbar. Open the Mail app from the search result.
- From the Mail app, click the Settings (gear) button located in the bottom-left corner. You will land on Settings Page.
- Click on Manage Accounts Settings Page. Accounts Page will open
- Click on Add account option from Accounts Page.
- A list with a bunch of Email options will appear, select Yahoo! from the list.
- Now, type your Yahoo email account and click Next.
- Type your correct Yahoo email password and click Sign in.
- Click Agree to allow the app to access your Yahoo account.
- Congratulation, you have set up Yahoo Mail to your Windows 10 Mail App.
Now your Yahoo emails will begin to sync with the Mail app, and after that, you can manage your Yahoo Mail from the Mail app itself.
Now, you have learned to create the shortcut for your yahoo mail on a desktop, which can be helpful for you on your busy schedule. Besides that, you can also add your other webmail accounts on shortcuts if you follow the procedure, which I have explained above in this article. If you got stuck while following the above process, then leave a comment in the comment section down below. We will certainly reply with a robust solution.u
And don’t forget to check out our other yahoo related article where we have explained some tips and solutions for any yahoo mail problem or queries.
Was this article helpful?