Despite all the communication technology in the market, Email is still a powerful tool for communication. Either for marketing or for reaching out to new business prospects using internet-based applications, people still use it today. According to research done by Radicati Group, there are more than 124.5 Billion emails send and received each day. And Ymail alone has more than 227.8 million active users each month, with 26 Billion emails send and received each day. Ymail is still one of the most popular email service providers to communicate globally, so let’s learn the ymail signup steps.
To create a new Yahoo Mail account you will need to access their website and follow these steps:
- Go to the Yahoo Mail website.
- Click ‘Create an Account’ in the upper right-hand corner of your screen.
- Fill out all the required information on this page and click “Sign Up.”
Now you can access your new Yahoo mail account using either a desktop or mobile device!
Without any further ado, let’s move into learning how to create a ymail account.
What can you do with Yahoo Account?
Yahoo is more than an email service provider. Signing up with a yahoo account, you get access to various Yahoo Services like Yahoo News, Yahoo Sports, calendar, notepad section, community, Yahoo Search Engine, and many more.
Ymail Signup Requirements
For Ymail Signup, you need to have a laptop or mobile phone or tablet, or a Personal Computer.
You must have your own personal mobile number.
And internet connection in your electronic device.
Step to Create a Ymail Account
- First, make sure that your computer has internet access.
- For signing up for my Ymail Account, I am using Chrome Browser. You can use any other browsers; the steps will be the same.
- Head over to your internet browser, go to Yahoo’s official website, and click on the Sign-in on the top right corner of the page.
- Now, a sign in form will open on your window. There is a tab on the bottom of this form Sign Up beside “Don’t have an account?”. Click the link, and it will take you to Ymail singup Page. Your Sign-in from will look like this:
- Fill out the form on the screen with your First Name and Last Name and click on the email address. Yahoo will give you some unique username that you can choose for your email address, or you can use your own. The email address should be unique, the address you want might already be taken if so the form will render this message “A Yahoo account already exists with this email address.” Therefore you need to choose another email address.
The email address you choose will be your permanent email address, which you cannot change in the future. So, be careful while choosing your username and make it a unique one.
- Now you need a password for accessing your email address. A password you choose needs to be a strong one else there is a high chance that your email account will be hacked. And don’t ever share your password with anyone else. Using different upper and lower case characters, numbers, and special characters can make your password unpredictable. For example, “28DATRqQzCtY5su” is a secure password that is too complicated for someone to guess.
If you find it difficult to remember, consider storing all your password to “KeePass 2”. It’s a free tool to manage and save all your passwords of different accounts. All you need is a master password to remember, to get access to all the unique passwords of different accounts.
- Fill up the rest of the form detail, your date of birth, gender, and your contact number. Your contact number is used for account recovery if in case you lost or forgot your Ymail password. So consider adding your real phone number. If you don’t want to add your actual phone number, you could also get a virtual phone number.
A virtual phone number is just like an anonymous email address, which will act as a mask to your real number. Any messages or calls you get in a virtual number will be forwarded to your actual number, and a person calling or messaging will never know your real number.
- In the next step, you need to verify your phone number. For this, you can choose between Text Me an Account Key, or Call Me with a Verification Code to confirm your phone number associated with the Ymail account. I decide to get the code via the text, so here it is.
- Your Account Key may take some time to arrive. If you didn’t get one, you could again resend your code to your phone number after a while. Now enter the code that you got in the box to verify you have access to the phone and then click verify.
- The following message will render on your screen, click continue.
- Now, you will be redirected to Yahoo’s homepage with your Yahoo account logged in. You can Sign out clicking on your name on the top right corner of the page if you want. Or get access to the Ymail account by clicking Mail on the same corner.
That is how we do Ymail Signup. Now you will be able to access your Ymail Account from anywhere in the world unless you don’t have internet access. You can access your mail via mail.yahoo.com URL.
Note: you will need to add a recovery email address to your Ymail account. If in case you forgot your password, this account will help you to reset your Ymail account password.
How to Sign in to your Yahoo Ymail Account
Now that you have created your Yahoo Mail account, now it’s time to log in to your Yahoo Mail Account.
- To visit your Yahoo Mail. first, visit the Yahoo Official page.
- Now, click on the Sign-in button on the upper right corner of your screen. This will open a sign-in form where you need to type in your email address.
- Now type your email address in the Email address text box.
[Pro tip: you don’t need to add @yahoo.com while typing in your email address. Typing just the username will work.]
Now, Click the next button.
- On the next page, provide your password in the Password field and click the Sign in button to log into your Ymail account.
You can make your account secure by setting up a Yahoo Account key. Setting up the key does not require a password. you can log in to your Yahoo Account with just a click on your mobile phone.
How to Send Mail Form Ymail Account
After signing up for your new Ymail Account, let’s try sending your first mail to your beloved ones. Sending an email from Ymail is easy. You can follow the following simple steps to send an email after your signup with Ymail.
- From your internet browser, go to Yahoo’s official website. And sign in to your account with your email address and password.
[Tip: you don’t need to type @yahoo.com while entering your email address]
- Now once your homepage opens, click on Mail from the top right corner of the page.
- After opening your mailbox, click on the Compose button from the top left of your page. This will switch to a mode where you can typically enter a recipient, subject, and message. You can even attach files, pictures to send it to the recipient.
- After you finish writing your mail, click on the Send button to send you an email.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about Yahoo mail signup.
What are the benefits of creating a new email account on ymail?
There are many benefits of creating a new email address on ymail. It is free, easy to use, and has some unique features like spam protection which makes it more secure than other webmail services.
Can I delete the account after signing up?
Since there is no option to delete Yahoo Mail accounts, therefore you have to create another account.
Can I recover my account if lost?
Yes, all you need to do is reset your password and sign in again.
Read How to Recover Yahoo Password Without Phone Number and Alternate Email to know more.
How can I check my yahoo mail?
You can either use the web browser or mobile application for checking email on Yahoo Mail easily.
What are the security features of Ymail account?
Ymail offers advanced spam protection, phishing filter & antivirus software.
Where is the yahoo mail sign in?
You can find Yahoo Mail Sign In page by going to “yahoo.com” and clicking on the login link at the top right corner of the web browser. You can also download applications from the google play store or the Apple app store for android & iOS devices respectively.
Finally, Yahoo mail is an easy and secure way to stay connected with your friends and family members simultaneously across all major platforms including web browsers, mobile devices & applications.
Go create your free yahoo account now!