Do you have a ton of archived emails in Yahoo Mail? If so, you’ll want to ensure that they are deleted properly. Unfortunately, it can be difficult to find all your archived emails and delete them one by one. Luckily, there is an easy way to delete all your archived emails at once! In this blog post, I will walk you through how to delete all archived emails in Yahoo Mail.
To delete all archived emails in yahoo mail, follow these steps:
- Login to your Yahoo account.
- Select the Search box in the upper right-hand corner of your screen.
- Type “is: archived” in the search bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Select all emails that are marked as read by checking the box next to each email in this list.
- Click Delete in the toolbar at the top of your window or under More Actions. A message box will appear asking if you are sure you want to delete these messages. Click Delete.
Keep reading this blog post to learn more about deleting archived emails in Yahoo Mail!
Archived Emails In Yahoo Mail
Let’s start with what archived emails are. Archived emails are messages that have been moved out of your Inbox and into a folder marked as “Archived.” This folder is usually located in the left-hand navigation pane of your Yahoo Mail account.
Messages can be archived for many reasons, such as being flagged as spam, sent to a different folder, or added to your contacts list. Sometimes, you will have saved an email by dragging it into another folder. This action also marks the message as archived in Yahoo Mail.
Archiving emails is a great way to keep your Inbox organized, but it can also be a hassle to find all the archived messages you want to read.
Can We Delete All Archived Emails In Yahoo Mail At Once?
You can delete all of your archived emails at once if they are not being used for any other reason. Deleting archived emails will not affect your contacts, folders, or other saved messages. Instead, it will simply delete the archived emails stored in Yahoo Mail’s servers.
You never know how many archived emails are cluttered in your Yahoo Mail account, so it’s better to delete the archived emails and free up your space.
Before You Delete All Archived Emails
When you are ready to delete all of your archived emails, there are a few things that you should do first.
Ensure that you have backed up any important messages or files stored in your archived emails.
-If you are yet to archive any emails, it is best to delete them from your Yahoo Mail account instead of archiving them.
-You can also unselect the “archive” option for messages you want to keep in your Inbox.
How To Delete All Archived Emails In Yahoo Mail?
I see you want to delete all the archived emails in your Yahoo Mail account. You won’t make it up to here if you don’t. So, lets get down to the business.
There are two ways to delete all of your archived emails at once in Yahoo Mail:
-Delete them through the web app (classic) version of your account. The steps for this method will be explained below.
-Use the official application from Yahoo on either Android or iOS platforms to delete all those archived messages from yahoo mail.
Let’s discuss both methods one by one.
-In Yahoo Mail Basic/Classic:
The yahoo version that you use on your computer, laptop, or tablet is known as Yahoo Mail Basic/Classic. Simply, it’s the yahoo you use on your browser.
If you are using this version of Yahoo Mail, follow these steps to delete all your archived emails:
- Go to th official Yahoo website and login to your account.
- Once you are logged in, go to the “Archive” folder on left panel of your scren.
- Click on the box next to each of these emails in order to select them. You can also use CTRL+A (Control + A) or Command+A for Mac users if you want to check all your archived messages at once.
- Once you have selected all of the archived emails that are listed, click “Delete” in the toolbar at the top of the page. A warning will pop up asking if you are sure that you want to delete these messages.
- Click on “Delete” again and your archived emails will be deleted from Yahoo Mail’s servers.
-In Yahoo Mail Application:
The Yahoo Mail application can be used on both Android and iOS platforms, and it provides a much more user-friendly interface than the Yahoo Mail Basic/Classic version.
If you want to delete all of your archived emails using the Yahoo Mail application, follow these steps:
- Launch the Yahoo Mail app on your device and login to your account.
- Once you are logged in, tap on the Menu icon (three horizontal lines) at the top left-hand corner of your screen.
- Select the “Archived” option from the list that appears.
- All of the archived emails in your account will be displayed on this page.
- Tap on the “DELETE” button at the top of this page to delete all of your archived emails. A warning will pop up asking if you are sure that you want to delete these messages.
- Tap on the “DELETE” button again and your archived emails will be deleted from Yahoo Mail’s servers.
Why Delete All Archived Emails In Yahoo Mail?
This is a question most people ask themselves when they come across this article online or through other means of social media.
There can be various reasons why someone would want to delete all the archived emails in their Yahoo Mail account.
Some people may feel that they have too many emails archived and need to clean up their Inbox. Others may find that they no longer use Yahoo Mail as their primary email service and want to remove all the old messages from their account.
Whatever the reason, deleting all of your archived emails can be a helpful way to declutter your Inbox and make it easier to find the messages you need.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs):
I know that you still have a lot of questions in your mind. So, let’s answer some of them so that you can be clear about the concept of archiving and deleting emails in Yahoo Mail.
-Q: Can I delete all my archived messages without deleting the messages in my Inbox?
A: Deleting the archived emails wont delete the emails in your Inbox. Deleting all archived messages will only delete the messages that are stored in the “Archived” folder. So, go ahead with deleting all the archived emails without worrying about your Inbox.
-Q: What will happen if I delete my archived messages?
A: If you delete your archived messages, they will be permanently deleted from Yahoo Mail’s servers and wont be recoverable. So, be very careful before taking this step.
-Q: I deleted all my archived messages but they’re still showing up when I do a search for is:archived. What happened?
A: If that’s the case, the messages were not actually deleted. Try deleting them again, and if that doesnt work, you can contact Yahoo Support for help.
So, these were some of how you can delete all archived messages from your Yahoo Mail account. It is a simple process and shouldn’t take more than a few minutes to complete. If you have any questions or need further assistance, please contact me. I would be happy to help!