How often do you check your emails? Do you ever leave them and forget about them because there is such a big pile of them to go through? What if there was a way to delete all the read emails in your Yahoo Mail account with just a few clicks?
Well, lucky for you, there is! This blog post will show you how to delete all the read emails in your Yahoo Mail account. I will show you how to do it in Yahoo Mail Basic/Classic and the application.
To delete all of your read emails in yahoo mail, follow these steps:
- Login to your Yahoo account.
- Select the Search box in the upper right-hand corner of your screen.
- Type “is:read” in the search bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Select all emails that are marked as read by checking the box next to each email in this list.
- Click Delete in the toolbar at the top of your window or under “More Actions.” A message box will appear asking if you are sure you want to delete these messages. Click “Delete.”
All read emails should now be gone, and your inbox might feel a little less cluttered. You will also have more space in your mailbox.
Keep on reading to learn about deleting all read emails in Yahoo Mail in different yahoo versions in detail.
Read Emails In Yahoo Mail
Read emails are those which you have opened and read but haven’t replied to or deleted. Once you open and read an email, it is automatically marked as “read.”
You may not realize it in the first place, but the number of reading emails take up so much space in your mailbox. Also, you can’t search for specific emails that are unread among the read ones, which makes it very difficult to find an email if you need one from a vast list of reading emails.
So, it’s better you delete all read emails from your Yahoo Inbox so that you can easily find all the essential unread messages in a jiffy.
Can We Delete All Read Emails In Yahoo Mail?
Yes, you certainly can delete all read emails from the yahoo mail account. You must have noticed when you open an email and then mark it as “read,” the email is automatically moved to a separate folder called “read emails.” So you can quickly delete all these read emails at once.
It does not take much time to delete all read emails in yahoo mail. You have to follow a few simple steps, as mentioned in this blog post, and your inbox will be free from all the clutter.
However, if you are planning on deleting selective read emails, then it may take a while to find and delete them one by one. So, it is better just to delete all read emails in your Yahoo Mail account altogether.
Before You Delete All Read Emails
Before you delete all read emails from your yahoo mail account, make sure that you have a backup of your email. If not, create one now and save it in a secure location because after deleting all the read emails, if there is anything wrong with how to delete them or their deletion doesn’t go as planned, then this backup can come in handy.
Another thing you should keep in mind before deleting all read emails is that you can’t undo deleting the read emails. So, just ensure that you move your important emails to another folder before deleting the read emails.
How To Delete All Read Emails In Yahoo Mail?
Let’s get into the point and know how to delete all read emails in yahoo mail. Since there are two versions of yahoo mail, i.e.e, the web and the application, the steps to delete all read emails will be mentioned accordingly.
In Yahoo Mail Basic/Classic:
The yahoo mail that you use through your web browser is basic. In this version of the email, you can delete all of your read emails in just a few steps.
To delete all of your read emails in yahoo mail basic, follow these steps:
Step 1: Login To Your Account
First of all, log in to your Yahoo account through the web browser.
Step 2: Select “Search” Box And Type “is:read”
Once you have logged into your account, select the Search box, which is present in the upper right corner of the page, and type “is: read” without quotes.
Step 3: Select All Emails By Clicking On The Checkbox
After you have typed “is: read” in the Search box, a list of all read emails will appear. Click on the “Select all” option so that each of the read emails in your inbox gets selected.
Step 4: Click On “Delete” Option Present At The Top Of The Page
Once all read emails are selected, click on the “Delete” button, which is there near the top of this page. This will delete all of your read emails with just a single click!
In Yahoo Mail Application:
The yahoo mail that you use through your mobile or desktop application is called the Yahoo Mail app. It’s easy to delete all read emails in this app.
To delete all of your read emails in the yahoo mail app, follow these steps:
- Launch the Yahoo Mail App on your device
- Tap on the three lines present in the top left corner of the screen to open the menu options
- Select “Settings” and tap on “More Settings” from the navigation bar.
- Niw, its time to select “read” option from the drop-down menu.
- Once you have tapped on the “read” option, all of your read emails will be displayed. “Select all” of them so that each of the checkbox beside the email is checked.
- Now, from the bottom of the screen, tap on “delete” and all read emails will be deleted in a single go!
That’s it. You have successfully deleted all read emails from your Yahoo Mail account using your yahoo mail app. You can also delete the other categories of emails following similar steps.
Why Delete All Read Emails In Yahoo Mail?
There are many reasons why you may want to delete all of the read emails in your yahoo mail account.
Some of these reasons are:
- The inbox is cluttered, and it becomes difficult to find essential emails when mixed with the read emails.
- The read emails may contain spam or promotional messages which you no longer want to receive.
- Deleting all the read emails will help free up some space in your mailbox.
- You want to find the unread emails easily without going through the read emails.
- You may want to start with a clean slate and delete all the read emails in your account.
Should I Delete All Of My Read Emails On Yahoo Mail Or Not?
Now, the most critical question: should we delete all of our read emails or not?
Well, there is no correct answer to this. If you feel that deleting your read emails will help improve your workflow and productivity, then go ahead with it. But if you feel like reading some old emails again at a later date, save them in a separate folder or label and then delete them. That way, you will have the best of both worlds!
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
Here are some of the most Frequently Asked Questions about deleting all read emails in Yahoo Mail:
Q: Will deleting all my read emails also delete the unread emails?
A: No, deleting all your read emails will not delete the unread emails. It will only delete the emails that you have read in your inbox.
Q: How do I delete just the unread emails from my Yahoo Mail account?
A: To delete just the unread emails from your Yahoo Mail account, follow these steps:
- Login to your Yahoo Mail account through the web browser.
- Type “is: unread” in the Search box and press Enter. This will show you all of the unread emails in your inbox.
- Select all of the unread emails by clicking on the checkbox beside them.
- Click on the “More” option at the bottom of the page.
- Select “Delete” from the dropdown menu, and all of your unread emails will be deleted!
So, that’s how you can delete all of your read emails in Yahoo Mail! Deleting all the read emails will help you to stay organized and focus on what is important. So go ahead, delete all your read emails now with just a single click!
If you run into any problems or have any questions, please contact me. I would be happy to help!
Thank you for reading! 🙂