How often have you noticed that your inbox is full of starred emails? Perhaps you don’t even remember why you starred them. If this sounds like a common occurrence for you, then it’s time to learn how to delete all starred emails in Yahoo Mail! I will walk you through how to delete all starred emails in Yahoo Mail in the most convenient way possible.
You can delete all starred emails in Yahoo Mail by following these steps:
- Login to your Yahoo account by providing your email address and password.
- In the top left corner of your inbox, click on the “Starred” drop-down menu and select “All”.
- A new page will open with all of your starred emails listed.
- Select all of the emails by clicking on the checkbox next to the “Actions” column header.
- Click on the “Delete” button in the top right-hand corner of your screen.
- Click on “Yes, I’m sure”. This will delete all starred emails from your Yahoo account!
To know more about deleting all starred emails in Yahoo Mail, keep on reading.
What Are Starred Emails In Yahoo Mail?
Starred emails are emails that have been selected and “Starred” by the user. This is done to easily find these emails later on, as they will be grouped together under the “Starred” tab.
When you select the star icon for a particular email just beside the webmail “From” field, it gets starred and will appear on the Starred page. These emails can be found under your webmail account’s “Starred” tab.
Starred emails in Yahoo Mail help users keep track of important messages, such as those containing shipping tracking numbers and order confirmations from online shopping websites like Amazon or eBay. It’s a great way to keep your inbox organized and decluttered.
Can We Delete All Starred Emails In Yahoo Mail?
If you have a bulk of starred email messages that you no longer need, then dont worry; you can delete all of them! You can delete all starred emails in Yahoo Mail at once.
You can also leave out some of the starred emails vital to you. To do this, you can open the specific email message and then click on “Delete” to remove it from your Starred messages list.
Before You Delete All Starred Emails
Before you delete all starred emails in Yahoo Mail, you need to know that these messages can not be recovered once deleted. So before deleting all of your starred email messages from the webmail account interface, go through them and make sure they are no longer needed or essential, so there is nothing you want to recover later on!
Also, ensure that you have a backup of your Yahoo Mail messages just in case.
These are the requirements you need to take into consideration before deleting starred email messages in Yahoo Mail:
- You need to have a Yahoo Mail account
- You should have a stable internet connection
- You might need to have access to the email account password
- A backup of your Yahoo Mail messages is essential
How To Delete All Starred Emails In Yahoo Mail?
There are multiple ways to delete all starred emails from your yahoo mail, depending on what exactly it is that you want. No matter which platform you use your yahoo mail on, you can delete all starred emails in it.
Delete All Starred Emails In Yahoo Mail Classic/Basic Interface
If you are using the classic yahoo mail interface with your email account, follow these steps to delete all of your starred messages at once:
Step 1: Login To Your Account
Login to your yahoo mail by providing your email address and password.
Step 2: Click On The “Starred” Sub-Tab
On top of your inbox, click on the “star” icon beside the “Yahoo Mail Classic” heading. This will take you to a different page with all your starred messages listed under it.
Step 3: Select Emails
On this page, you will see all of your starred messages listed. Click on the “Select All” button in order to select all of your starred messages.
You can unselect any of the messages you want to keep by unmarking the checkbox beside it.
Step 4: Delete Emails
Once you have selected the emails, click on the “Delete” button in the top right-hand corner of your screen to delete all of your starred messages.
Step 5: Confirm Your Action
Once you have clicked on the “Delete” button, a pop-up will appear asking you to confirm your choice. Finally, click OK to delete all of your starred email messages at once.
Delete All Starred Emails In Yahoo Mail Application
If you use the yahoo mail app on your phone or tablet, follow these steps to delete all starred messages at once:
- Launch the Yahoo Mail App on your device
- Tap on the hamburger menu on the top left-hand side of your screen
- From here, select “Settings”
- Now, click on “More Settings” from the navigation panel on the left-hand side.
- Select “Starred” option from the drop-down menu.
- Tap on the “Select All” button in order to select all of your starred messages. You can unselect any of the messages that you want to keep by unmarking the checkbox beside it.
- Once you have selected the emails, tap on the “Delete” button in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen to delete all of your starred messages.
- Tap on the “Confirm” button in order to confirm your choice.
And it’s done. You have successfully deleted all of your starred messages from Yahoo Mail.
Why Delete All Starred Emails In Yahoo Mail?
You might be wondering why you should delete all of your starred emails in your yahoo mail account and what benefits it will bring to the table. To answer this question for you, let’s take a look at some reasons that might compel you to delete all of your starred messages in yahoo mail.
- You might want to keep only the important emails and archive everything else by deleting them, which would help free up some space on your device or computer where you store the email account
- If you receive many emails every day, then it can be challenging to keep track of the important ones. Deleting all starred messages can help declutter your inbox and make it easier for you to find the important emails
- You might have accidentally started an email, or maybe you don’t need to start an email but did by mistake. In either case, deleting all starred messages can help clean up your inbox
- If you’re going on vacation or an extended holiday, deleting all starred messages can help reduce the chances of your mailbox getting overloaded when you come back and have to sort through all the new emails that have piled up in your absence
- If you work in a profession where your email address is publicly shared, deleting all starred messages can help reduce the chances of spam emails getting sent to your inbox
You may have your own reasons for wanting to delete all-starred messages in your yahoo mail account, but these are some of the most common reasons why people might choose to do so.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
Before we conclude this post, here are some frequently asked questions about deleting all starred messages in yahoo mail. If you have any other questions that aren’t answered here, feel free to ask them in the comments section below, and we will do our best to help you out.
-Can I delete all of my emails instead of just the starred ones?
Of course, you can. If you want to delete all of your emails instead, then follow the instructions mentioned above, replacing “starred” with “all” emails in the search box.
-Can I do this even if I’m not signed into my Yahoo Mail account?
No, you need to be signed in to your Yahoo Mail account in order to delete all of your starred messages.
-What will happen if I delete all of my starred messages?
If you delete all of your starred messages, then they will be permanently deleted and cannot be recovered. Therefore, make sure that you are certain that you want to do this before proceeding.
I hope this post has helped you answer any questions you might have had about deleting all of your starred messages in Yahoo Mail. If you follow the instructions mentioned in this post, then it will be a quick and easy process. Thanks for reading!