Deleting an email in yahoo mail is normal and is pretty much an everyday thing. But have you ever thought of deleting all your emails in Yahoo Mail at once? Is that even possible? Would you want to do it and freshen up your Yahoo Mail account? If yes, congratulations! You are at the right place. In this article, I will tell you how to delete all your emails in yahoo mail and why one should do it!
To delete all your yahoo emails at once, follow these steps:
- Login to your Yahoo account.
- Now, navigate to the Search Box at the top of the screen.
- Type “All” in the search box and hit the enter button or click the search button.
- This will list out all the unread emails in your Mail Box area. Now click the Select All button from the navigation bar of your Mail Box to select all the messages.
- Finally, click on the Delete button with the Trash Can icon from the navigation bar to delete all the selected unread emails from your Yahoo Mail.
Then, keep on reading to know how to delete all your Yahoo emails differently.
About Yahoo Mail
First off, Yahoo Mail is one of the oldest email service providers. It was founded in 1997 and currently has over 281 million active users. Yahoo Mail offers a variety of features which include, but are not limited to:
- Yahoo Mail Basic: This is a free version of Yahoo Mail that includes ads and up to 1000 messages per month.
- Yahoo Mail Application: These apps can be installed on Android or iOS devices to access Yahoo mail services.
You can enjoy the Yahoo Mail features no matter what platform or device you are using it. It is compatible with almost all devices and platforms.
Can We Delete All Emails Of Yahoo Mail At Once?
As unusual as it may sound, the answer is YES. Yes, it’s possible to delete all your Yahoo emails at once. What’s amazing is that you can delete all your emails even before reading them.
Before Deleting All Your Yahoo Mails
It is always recommended that you not delete your emails unless there’s a need for it or if the messages are no longer relevant to you. Instead, if you wish, keep them stored in an offline folder on your device so that they can be accessed at any time.
Also, note that deleting all your Yahoo emails will delete all the messages in your Trash folder as well. So if you have any important or valuable emails stored in the Trash folder, make sure to move them to a different location before deleting all your emails.
Summing up the paragraphs in key points,
- keep the important emails in an offline folder on
- the messages in Trash will also be deleted when deleting all emails
- make sure to move valuable/important emails from Trash to a different location
- your action is irrversible
If you still consider deleting all your emails in Yahoo Mail, continue reading further to know how you can do it.
How To Delete All Your Emails In Yahoo Mail?
The method to delete all the unread messages in Yahoo mail is similar for all versions of Yahoo mail. So whether you intend to delete all your Yahoo emails in Basic, Classic, or Application version of yahoo mail, the procedure is similar and won’t take much of your time.
Delete All Your Yahoo Emails In Yahoo Mail Basic or Classic
If you happen to be using the Yahoo Mail Basic version, follow these steps to delete all your emails in yahoo mail:
- Login to your Yahoo Basic Mail.
- Now, navigate to the Search Box at the top of the screen.
- Type “is: All” in the search box and hit the enter button or click the search button.
- This will list out all the emails on your Mail Box area. Now click the Select All button from the navigation bar of your Mail Box to select all the messages.
- Finally, click on the Delete button with the Trash Can icon from the navigation bar to delete all the selected unread emails from your Yahoo Basic.
All of the emails will now be deleted. You can delete the desired category of emails by clicking on the category name under the Mail Box area.
Delete All Your Yahoo Emails In Yahoo Mail Application (Android or iOS)
If you are using a mobile device running Android or iOS, follow these steps to delete all your emails in yahoo mail:
- Open your email application on your smartphone and open its settings menu.
- Click on the More option from the bottom navigation bar of your Yahoo App and then select “All” from the list of options.
- Now, check the checkbox that’s on the upper right corner of your mailbox to select all the unread emails.
- Finally click on the “Delete” button at the bottom of your smartphone screen and then confirm that you would like to delete all the selected messages from Yahoo Mail Application.
All of your emails will now be deleted in one go! The same steps can also be followed for deleting a certain category of emails.
Should I Delete All Of My Emails In Yahoo Mail?
It’s not really recommended to delete all your emails at once as it may lead you to lose important messages that are no more relevant but might be useful in the future if needed again. So before deleting any of your emails, make sure the message is not required anymore, and it is safe to delete it.
Anyway, let’s give a greater thought on the matter in points:
- deleting all your messages will remove them from the trash too
- deleting all your Yahoo emails is irreversible, and you won’t be able to get back any message once deleted.
- you may need some messages again in the future.
So, it’s always better not to delete your old messages unless necessary or required after thoroughly checking if they are still relevant for future use.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
Let’s answer some of the most frequently asked questions about deleting all emails in Yahoo Mail:
Q. Can I delete all my messages without deleting them from the trash?
A. No, if you delete all your messages, they will be deleted permanently and will also be removed from the Trash folder.
What If I Delete A Message By Mistake?
If you happen to delete any message by mistake, it will be stored in your Trash for 30 days before finally getting deleted. Also, if the email is not opened or read within 30 days, it will automatically get deleted from your Trash. So if you are looking to undelete any message that you have mistakenly deleted, make sure to open and read the email within 30 days of deletion.
Yahoo Mail is one of the most user-friendly email service providers with multiple options to make your work easy. So if you are looking forward to deleting all emails in Yahoo at once, it’s not hard as some might think and can be done easily by following the steps mentioned above.
The only thing that needs more attention before deleting all emails is that you should be sure that you don’t need any of those messages anymore, and they are no longer relevant. Deleting everything at once will surely lead to losing some important messages, so it’s always better to be careful before taking such a step.
But if you have decided already and want to go ahead with the deletion, do it.
That’s it for now! Thanks for reading.