To secure our Ymail account, we need to change our mail password quite often. I change my Yahoo Mail password once in two months. And sometimes we forget our passwords. If you have access to the phone number associated with the Ymail account there is no problem; you can reset your Yahoo Mail password using a phone number. And if don’t have access to the phone number, then you are in trouble. So, to get away with this trouble, we can add a recovery email account to the Ymail account. You can use your recovery email to reset the Yahoo Mail password. Here in this article, I am going to guide you on how to add or remove a recovery email account on Yahoo Mail.
To add the recovery email account on Yahoo;
- Sign in to your Yahoo account.
- Click on your name and select “Account info.”
- Click on “Add recovery email address” in Account Security Tab.
- Enter your email address and verify it.
And it’s done.
To remove a recovery email account on Yahoo;
- Login to your Ymail account and go to Account information.
- Click on the Account Security tab from the left sidebar and select Email addresses tab from your dashboard.
- Tap the Bin Icon beside the email account you want to delete from your recovery list.
Done, your Yahoo Mail recovery account is removed from your list.
Without any further ado, let’s move on to the steps to add a recovery account to the ymail account and remove the ymail account in detail.
How to Add or Remove Recovery Email Account on Yahoo Mail
Add Recovery Account to Ymail Account
- Go to yahoo.com and Sign in to your account.
- On the top right corner of your screen, you will see your name. Click it.
- A drop-down menu will appear containing your email addresses, name and Account Info. Click on Account info.
- Your setting page will open on your window containing Personal info, Account Security, Preferences
To change your personal detail click on the Personal Info tab and click edit on your toolbar. After editing click Done.
To check your recent activities click on the Recent Activity tab, this will render all your activities from different devices you signed in.
- To Add the recovery email address, go to the Account Security tab on your left sidebar. You will see new information rendered to your dashboard. You can change your password from this page.
- Now, click on Add recovery email address on your dashboard. The following information will render on your screen to add a recovery email address.
- Now type the email address you want to use for verification if you forgot your Yahoo Mail email address.
- Click on Send verification email to add your recovery email address. Note that the email address you just entered is not yet verified.
Yahoo Mail will send a verification code to your recovery account which you need to confirm that you have access to that account.
- Login to your recovery account, you will see a verification message in your inbox sent by Yahoo Mail.
- Read the message and click, click here to verify your account.
- Now go to your Ymail account Security page and refresh the page.
- Now click on Email Addresses you will see your account has been verified.
You can add multiple recovery addresses to your Ymail account so that if you ever forget your password and don’t have access to your phone number linked to this account, you can recover your email address with the help of these recovery email addresses.
Sometimes you can do mistakes by adding a recovery email address, you missed some characters from that email address or entered the wrong email address. It’s also possible that you don’t have access to the recovery account you added previously, or you just got divorced, and you need to remove your partners’ account from the account recovery list. If your email address is verified from the wrong email address you entered, your account might get hacked and even lose your email address. So you need to remove the recovery email account. Here is a guide to delete an account from your account recovery list.
Remove Recovery Account from Ymail Account
- Login to your Ymail account and go to Account information clicking on your name on the top right corner of your homepage.
- Click on the Account Security tab from the left sidebar.
- Click on the Email addresses tab from your dashboard that you used to add a recovery email address.
- A Dialogue box containing information about email addresses you added to your recovery list will appear.
- There is a Bin Icon beside each address, click on the bin icon to delete that particular email address from your recovery list.
- Done, your Yahoo Mail recovery account is removed from your list.
How to Add or Remove Recovery Phone Number on Yahoo Mail
Add Recovery Phone Number to Yahoo mail Account
- Sign in to yahoo.com with your correct credentials.
- Click on the Profile icon from the top-right menu item.
- The profile drop-down menu gets triggered. Select Account Info option. Yahoo redirects you to an Account info page with the Personal Info section preselected.
- Select Account Security tab from the left sidebar. Account Security windows get opened.
[Note: Yahoo may ask you to again validate your credentials by asking you to enter your email and password. Please enter your correct credential to proceed further, if yahoo asks for credentials.]
- Click on Add recovery phone number option from Account Security Page. The new window will appear.
- Enter your Recovery Phone Number and click Add button.
- After you click Add, Yahoo Server will send a five-digit verification code to that number.
- Enter that five-digit verification code. If the code matches, Yahoo will automatically verify your phone number, and Yahoo will set the Recovery Phone number to the number you choose. If the code is incorrect yahoo won’t verify that phone number, and you cannot add that number as the Recovery Phone number. If such a case occurs, you can Resend the Code option to get the code again.
If you lost your number or decided to switch to a new mobile number, then you can always delete the old number from the Recovery Phone Number list from yahoo. It’s very easy and is very similar to Adding a Recovery Phone number. If you want to remove the Recovery Phone Number from Yahoo, the steps are mentioned below.
Remove Recovery Phone Number from Yahoo mail Account
- Login to your Ymail account with the correct credentials and click on the profile icon from the top-left location of your page.
- From the Profile menu, click the Account info option. It will lead you to the Account info page.
- Click on the Account Security tab from the left sidebar. Yahoo may ask you to reenter your yahoo credentials.
- Click on the Phone numbers section from your dashboard.
- A Dialogue box will appear. It contains the information of all the recovery email address and recovery containing information about email addresses and phone numbers you added to your recovery list.
- From the list, click on the Pencil Icon on the left of the phone number you want to delete. Edit recovery phone number dialog box will appear.
- From the dialog, box click the Remove from my account option.
- Popup alert will appear, saying, “Remove this mobile number.” Click on Remove mobile number button.
- Your recovery phone number is removed from your recovery list.
This is how you can add or remove the recovery email account or recovery phone number on Yahoo Mail. If you don’t want the hassle of remembering the password then you can use Yahoo Account Key to log in to your Yahoo Account. This way you can log in to your Yahoo with just a click on your mobile device. Here is the full article on how to set up Yahoo Account Key.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How to change phone number in yahoo mail verification?
We often get this question a lot. If you are looking to change the Recovery phone number, then follow two steps:
- Follow the steps mentioned on the heading “Remove Recovery Phone Number from Yahoo mail Account.” This will let you remove your older phone number that you no longer use.
- Follow the steps mentioned on the heading “Add Recovery Phone Number to Yahoo mail Account.” This will let you add the new phone number that you want to set as the Recovery Phone number.
Note: If you want both numbers to existing, then just follow this step number two.
But if you are looking forward to changing the number used on your Two-Factor verification in Yahoo Mail, then the article “How to Enable Two-Factor Verification in Yahoo Mail” can help you.
Can I make yahoo mail password recovery without a phone number and email?
Yes, you can. The chronological order for password recovery based on easiness is
- Recovery using Email Address
- Recovery using Phone Number
- Recovery using Secret Security Question
- Contact yahoo customer care
Since you don’t have access to Recovery Email and Phone Number. There are two alternatives left: Recovery using Secret Security Question or Contact yahoo customer care.
If you remember the answer to your Secret Security Question, then choosing that option is also very easy.
- Just go to the yahoo login page.
- Enter your username and click next.
- Click on Forgot Password link, Recover your account modal will appear.
- From the modal, click, I need further help.
- Answer the security questions, and you can reset the password.
But if you haven’t set up your security questions or forgot answers, then you don’t have another choice than contacting Yahoo Customer Care. The chance of getting your Yahoo mail password recovered from Yahoo Customer Care is very minimum.
For further detail, check this article on “How to Recover Yahoo Password Without Phone Number and Alternate Email.”
Wrapping up, this was all about how to add or remove recovery Yahoo mail address. I hope I have cleared up all your concerns. If you have any questions or other problems related to Yahoo mail, please do not hesitate to comment below and I will reply as soon as possible.
See you in my next article.