How much time do you spend on your email? How often are you checking your email? Do you have more than one email account to keep up with all the messages coming in from friends, co-workers, and family members? If so, then it is possible that you’re spending too much time managing emails. This article will provide tips that can help improve your efficiency using Outlook and Yahoo Mail both simultaneously.
To add yahoo mail to Outlook, follow these steps:
- Sign in to Outlook.com.
- Navigate “Settings.”
- Click on “View all outlook settings.”
- Now, select “Mail” and click on “sync email.”
- Select “Other email accounts under the “Connected Accounts” header.
- Enter your yahoo credentials.
- Choose to import mails and select “Ok.”
And it’s done. Read this article till the end to get to know more about connecting yahoo mails with Outlook.
Outlook is the email service offered by Microsoft. It is a web-based email platform and is used by millions of people all over the world.
Outlook is a versatile email service, and it offers more features for business users. For example, users of Outlook can manage multiple emails from different accounts, including Gmail, Windows Live Mail, Yahoo mail, AOL mail, etc., all at the same time. It also enables you to sync calendars with iPhones or Android phones as well as other devices that support CalDAV and CardDAV.
Outlook replaced Hotmail in the year 2013, and it was rebranded as Outlook.com. Hotmail still exists, but only for users who did not want to shift from their old accounts to new ones made on Outlook. The name “Outlook” is a reference to Microsoft’s desktop email program called Microsoft Office Outlook.
You can connect Yahoo Mail to Outlook and access all the yahoo mails from Outlook without any trouble without having to switch between accounts. To learn how to keep reading.
How To Add Yahoo Mail to Outlook?
Adding yahoo mail to Outlook can be advantageous for those who have both accounts and find it hard to manage. Adding yahoo mail to Outlook is quick and easy. Follow these easy steps to add yahoo mail to Outlook:
Step 1: Sign In To Outlook.com.
First of all, visit outlook.com or open its app and sign in to Outlook by providing the necessary credentials.
Step 2: Navigate “Settings.”
Once you’re signed in, navigate to “Settings” on the left-hand side of the screen and select the “View all Outlook settings” option.
Step 3: Click On “Mail” And Select “Sync email.”
Now, click on “Mail.” Under this section, you will find the sync email option; click on that too.
Step 4: Select “Other Email Accounts” Under The “Connected Accounts” Header.
After clicking on ‘sync email,’ you’ll be required to select other types of mail services you want to connect with your outlook account from a long list of options available, including Google Mail, Yahoo mail, AOL mail, etc. Next, select the “Other email accounts” option from the list of options available in front of you.
Step 5: Enter Your Yahoo Credentials.
It’s time to enter your Yahoo email address and password now. As soon as you sign in, you will have access to all your yahoo mails from Outlook.
Step 6: Choose To Import Your Yahoo Mail On New Or Existing Folder.
Once you’ve entered your login credentials and clicked on “ok,” select the option that says, ‘Import emails into an existing folder’ or ‘Create a new folder.’ The choice you make is your own free will. But, I would recommend you to import all the yahoo mails into a single new folder as that will make it easier for you to check all your emails from one place.
Step 7: Click on “Ok.”
After selecting any of these two options, click ok and wait till Outlook adds that yahoo mail account in your already existing or newly created folders. You’ll be able to check all your yahoo mails from one place now.
How To Send A Yahoo Mail Email From Outlook?
You can easily send emails from Outlook even though you have connected your account with yahoo mail. Follow the steps below to find out how:
Step 1: Select “New.”
First of all, open an outlook window and click on the ‘New’ option.
Step 2: Enter The Yahoo Address
Write the email address of your yahoo account in the ‘To:’ box and click on the “Show Cc & Bcc” checkboxes under it to add more recipients if you want or keep them blank for a single recipient. Keep all other options untouched; they will not make any difference in the sending process.
Step 3: Type Your Message.
Click on the “Type your message here” box to start typing your email content. You can even attach files or photos with your email if you want by clicking “Attach” under options in the front of the screen and selecting the file you wish to send along with this mail.
This way, you can send yahoo mails from Outlook.
How to Automatically Forward Messages From Outlook to Yahoo Mail?
You can even choose to forward all your incoming mails from Outlook directly to your yahoo mail account. To do so, follow these steps:
- Login to your Outlook using Microsoft ID.
- Click the gear icon to open Settings and select “View all Outlook settings” option from the drop-down menu.
- Now, select the “Email” option from the left side of the Outlook settings page.
- Click on the “Forwarding” option and select the “Enable forwarding” in the checkbox.
- Then, enter your yahoo account email address in the text field.
- Finally, click on the “Save” button to save your managed settings.
Forwarding New Yahoo Mails To Outlook
Similarly, you can forward all the new incoming emails from your yahoo account to Outlook too. To do so, follow these steps:
- Login to your Ymail account.
- Go to “Settings” by clicking the gear icon and select “More Settings.”
- Now, click on “Mail Boxes” and select your yahoo mail account.
- Enter your Outlook credentials under the “Forwarding” header.
- Then, verify your Outlook account and follow some security options that are prompted.
Once you complete these steps, you will be able to automatically forward new mails from your yahoo mail account to Outlook.
Why Connect Yahoo Mail To Outlook?
Are you unsure if you want to connect yahoo mail to Outlook or not? If yes, let me help you here. I will give some of the reasons why you should connect yahoo mail to Outlook in the following points:
- You need not login into your Outlook separately anymore.
- Your all emails will be displayed in a single place.
- You can use any of the two email accounts you want from anywhere without double-checking for its credentials everywhere.
- You will save a lot of time and effort by connecting Yahoo Mail and Outlook.
How To Disconnect Yahoo Mail From Outlook?
Are you annoyed by all these tutorials and want to disconnect both of your email accounts once again? Well, follow these simple steps for that purpose:
- Login to your outlook with Microsoft ID.
- Click on the gear icon to open Settings and select “View all Outlook settings” option from the drop-down menu.
- Now, click on “Email” in mail section of the account window that has popped up.
- Then, you will find some options under the “Manage Email Accounts” title.
- Select the “Remove” option for your yahoo account to disconnect it from outlook completely if you want to do so.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
I have answered some of your most popular questions about yahoo mail and Outlook in the following section:
What Is The Incoming Mail Server For Yahoo Mail In Outlook?
The incoming mail server for yahoo mail in Outlook is “IMAP.mail.yahoo-com”
What Are The Outgoing Mail Servers For Yahoo Mail And Outlook?
Outgoing mail servers of yahoo and Outlook are the same as they both use SMTP protocol to send emails from their own account. Thus, the outgoing email server for your yahoo account is “smtp.mail.yahoo.com,” while the outgoing server for the outlook account is “smtp-mail.outlook.com.”
This was all about adding yahoo mail to Outlook and sending emails from one account to another. Still, if you have any queries or confusion related to this blog post, do let me know in the comments section below!