Do you have so many emails in your Yahoo Mail account that it is hard to find important messages? Do you want a better way to manage your email accounts without having to delete all of the messages first? This post will show how easy it is to archive mails in Yahoo Mail. So, without further ado, let’s get started.
To archive your emails in yahoo, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your ymail account.
- Select one or more messages on your inbox.
- Now, you will see an “Archive” icon at either the top of your inbox , or in the bottom of toolbar. Tap/Click the button.
- Your mails will move to the archive folder.
Read this article to know better about archiving mails in yahoo.
What Is Archiving?
You can clean up your emails junk in many ways. DELETING them is one of them. However, you can also ARCHIVE your emails instead of deleting or keeping them in the inbox. Archiving means moving mails to a folder so that you won’t lose them even if you delete them from your inbox.
In computer terms, archiving is a process of saving older data as a new one takes its place. Similarly, we can save old emails and folders using the Yahoo mail archive feature which allows you to store them for future reference.
After you have archived an email, it will be moved to the folder of your choice. You can move your emails into different folders in order for you to easily find them in case that they are needed again at a later time.
Archiving your emails can be helpful since you can search archived messages from Yahoo mail easily. Also, you need not worry about deleting your emails as they will be stored in the archive folder of yahoo where only you have access to them.
So, archiving your Yahoo mails is a great way to keep them safe and easily searchable.
How To Archive Mails In Yahoo Mail
It may be difficult for you sometimes to find out specific emails which you might need later on. In such cases, it becomes necessary that we must save those emails for future reference.
Yahoo provides an option to save the mails in specific folders where they can be accessed later on whenever required. One such folder is called ‘Archive’ which saves your important emails and allows you to access them anytime you need them again without looking into all of your old emails.
So, let’s have a look at how to save your important emails in ‘Archive.’
Step 1: Sign In To Yahoo Mail
Firstly, sign in to your yahoo account using your browser or the app.
Step 2: Open The Mail You Want To Archive
Now, select a specific email from your inbox and click on it to open.
Step 3: Drag And Drop The Message Into Archive Folder
After opening that particular email, there will be an option of ‘Archive’ at the top right corner of your screen. If you are using yahoo mails on a mobile phone, you will see that option at the bottom of your toolbar.
Just drop the email in that option and it will be saved in the ‘Archive’ folder. And you are done. Yes, it’s that easy to archive your emails in Yahoo Mail.
How To Archive All Of Your Yahoo Mail
Do you want to archive all your emails? Don’t worry, you dont have to do them one-by-one. Trust me, I tried it. The good news is that there are a couple of easy ways to archive all your yahoo emails quickly. Here they are:
- Sign in to your yahoo mail account.
- In the inbox, select all the emails you want to archive.
- Click on “More” in the top menu bar and select “Archive” from the drop down list.
- The selected email will be archived into a folder with your yahoo mail account name named “Inbox.” You can also have it filtered so that all future mails sent to that email will be archived.
Congratulations! Now you can enjoy a clutter-free inbox.
How To Search Archived Folder In Yahoo
You are probably wondering where you could find already archived emails in your Yahoo! Mail account. It is a fact that an email archive saves space on the server and at the same time allows you to search through past messages quickly, but it can also be really helpful for those who have thousands of emails stored in their accounts.
In order to find previously archived mails from your Inbox folder, follow these steps:
- Login to your Yahoo! account.
- Go to the Mail folder and click on “All Mails” tab at the top of the page.
- Select Inbox label from left side menu (if you can’t see it, then use “More” link.)
- Scroll down until you see Archived section with date-related folders below it: Today, Yesterday, This Week, Last Week, Two Weeks Ago.
- Click on Today link to access all of your mails archived today. You can also select any other date-related folder and find the required emails there.
It is recommended to keep at least 25 most important emails in your Inbox folder, but you can archive all of the rest if necessary.
How To Unarchive Mails In Yahoo?
Hold on, now that you have learned how to archive your emails in yahoo, you may want to unarchive them at least once in a while. So, read this section to know how to unarchive mails in yahoo.
- Login to your Ymail account and go to “Archive” folder.
- Select the mails you want to unarchive.
- Right click on the selected mails and select “Move to Inbox” option from drop down menu.
- Click Ok button when prompt window appears with message that you are moving messages back to inbox folder in your yahoo account, then close the window.
Is Archiving And Deleting The Mails Same?
No, archiving is not the same as deleting your emails. Archived messages are stored in a separate folder whereas deleted mail will be permanently removed from your account.
When you archive your emails, you can still find them easily but when your delete the mail they will be gone forever.
You should archive yahoo mails if:
- You want to keep a record of certain email messages for future reference and don’t need immediate access to that information.
- You just want to remove something from your inbox without deleting it.
- You want to remove an email message from your inbox without deleting it, but don’t want to save the message in your All Mail folder either.
You shouldn’t archive yahoo mails if:
- You need immediate access to old emails and can’t wait for them to be retrieved with a search query.
You should delete yahoo mails if:
- You want to get rid of an email message completely so it can’t be retrieved later.
You shouldn’t delete yahoo mails if:
- You need information from the mail in future and don’t want to run the risk of accidentally deleting something important.
Should I Delete Or Archive My Mails In Yahoo?
It depends on your needs, but most email users keep a limited number of messages in their inboxes and move the rest to folders.
Archiving is a good option if you want to save an email for future reference without cluttering up your Inbox. You can always search for archived messages later.
Archiving is only one way to keep your inbox clean of old messages; you can also delete unwanted emails directly from the Inbox, or you could use a combination of both archiving and deleting if that works better for your needs. You might want to archive an email after you’ve read it but still need access later on, and you might want to delete an email after a while if it doesn’t contain any important information.
Choose whether to delete or archive your emails in yahoo depending on how much storage space you have available.
If you want to know how to delete your emails on yahoo, read How to Delete More Than 50 Messages at a Time in Yahoo Mail
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
I know the questions dont end here. So, I have compiled a list of FAQs to help you better with your queries.
Does Archiving Mails Mean Affect Your Yahoo Mail Storage Limit?
No. Archiving mails won’t affect your mailbox quota and you can retrieve the archived emails anytime from the online interface at any point in time.
What Will Happen To My Archived Mail If I Deactivate Yahoo Account?
The emails in the archive folder are saved in different servers and nothing is going to happen when you deactivate your account.
Is There Any Way To Get Back The Archived Mails After Deletion?
No, you can’t retrieve your deleted or archived email once it has gone.
Is There Any Way To Delete All My Yahoo Mails At Once?
Yes, you can delete all your yahoo mails at once by going to mail settings and clicking on the “delete” option.
Follow this article to learn more: How to Delete More Than 50 Messages at a Time in Yahoo Mail
To wrap up, archiving your emails is very important. If you don’t, then it can lead to problems in the future when people are trying to find some information that they need urgently and simply cannot because their mail was deleted or never archived!
I hope this blog post was helpful!
Thanks for reading!