Sometimes what happens is, you subscribe to a blog that is continuously sending you a spam message. The disadvantage of these spam messages is that these messages push your important emails down into the list and will take you much time to find them. If you want to block an email address on Yahoo Mail, then you are in the right place. This article is all about blocking a sender on your Yahoo mail account and Yahoo Basic Mail.
Like most of the popular email providers, Yahoo mail has provided an option to block email addresses from your account. Blocking spammy email address, you will not have to see any other messages from those senders ever again. All the messages that a blocked contact sends you will be deleted automatically before you even see it.
You can easily block someone by just typing their email address on the Blocked Address list from your settings page.
Blocking an email address prevents email from blocked addresses to reach your account. This helps to make your inbox look more simple and cleaner. Most importantly, you will never have to miss an important email on your inbox. With the same technique, you can filter unwanted newsletters in Yahoo Mail too. However, it’s better to unsubscribe newsletter in Yahoo Mail than blocking them.
Keep reading the article to learn how to block an email address in your ymail account.
Steps for Blocking a Person By Email Address in Yahoo Mail
Here is the basic way to block an email address on Yahoo Mail.
- First, log in to your yahoo mail account: login.yahoo.com
- Once you reach to your home page, click on the mail icon on your top right corner to open your mail dashboard.
- Now, click on the gear icon beside Setting on the top right corner of your window. This will open up your setting bar, then click on More Settings on the list.
- Now the setting page will be rendered to your screen. On the left sidebar of the setting page, you will see a list of settings, among those lists, click on Security and privacy settings.
- On the Dashboard of your screen Security and privacy, a page will open which will have Blocked addresses on the list.
- Now, on the Blocked addresses, click on + sign to add an email address to block.
- You can manually add the list of unwanted email addresses in the Address field under Add an email address to block.
- Now Click on the Save button to save the email address to your block list. From now on you won’t be bothered by this email address unless you unblock it.
There you go, this is how you block an email address on Yahoo Mail [Updated new version].
Steps to Block an Email Address from your Inbox List
- Login to your yahoo mail account and go to your home page.
- Now click on the mail tab on the top right corner of your homepage to open your Ymail dashboard.
- On your left sidebar click on the Inbox tab.
- A list of the email will appear on your screen, now click on the email of the person you want to block. This will open the message sent by that person.
- On the top navigation bar right you will see three dots “icon for more option” besides Spam.
- A drop-down menu containing different options to do with the particular mail will open on your screen once you press the button.
- Click on Block Senders option from the drop-down menu. This will pop up a message to your screen to confirm the blocking.
- Click on the Ok button to block the user on your ymail account.
You can select multiple messages from your inbox list and click on Block Senders from the more options drop-down menu on the top navigation bar.
Unblock Email Addresses in Ymail Account
To unblock email address:
- Navigate to Security and privacy on your setting page.
- Now, a list of block contacts or email addresses will render on your screen.
- Beside every blocked contact list, there is a bin icon. You just need to click the bin icon to delete the email address or the contact from the block list.
Now, you will be receiving messages from this email.
Block an Email Address on Yahoo Basic Mail
If you are using Yahoo basic mail and want to block emails using the basic mail, here are the steps. Follow these simple steps and you will be able to block emails in no time.
- First, log in to your Yahoo Bais Mail. And click on the Mail icon to go to your Mail page.
- Now on your mail/inbox page, you have a drop-down menu/option in the navigation bar. It’s right next to your account name.
- Now, click the drop-down menu and select settings to open up your settings page. Then click the Go button to load the page.
- From the left sidebar of your settings page click on the Blocked Addresses tab to open the blocked addresses page.
- Now, manually type in the email addresses that you don’t want to receive emails from in the text field.
- Finally, click on the Add button to add the email addresses to your blocklists that will appear right below the text box.
With Yahoo mail, you can add as many emails as you want in your block list as yahoo provides up to 1000 users in your block list.
Unblock Emails on Yahoo Basic Mail
In case you changed your mind and want to receive emails from a block sender again or you blocked a wrong email account; the below steps will help you out to unblock emails on yahoo basic mail.
- Similar to the steps described above, log into your yahoo basic mail and go to your settings page selecting Settings on the dropdown menu.
- Now, select Blocked Addresses tab from the left sidebar of your settings page.
- This will display a list of blocked email addresses.
- Now, click the Bin icon right next to the email address that you want to unblock or that you want to remove from your blocked list.
- As soon as you click the bin icon, the email address will be unblocked and you will start receiving emails from that particular email address.
There you go, now we came to the end of the article on how to block and unblock email addresses on Yahoo Mail using both the basic mail and the newer version of yahoo mail.
How to Block Senders Email on Yahoo App
- Launch your Yahoo Mail Application on your mobile phone.
- Now, select the email of the person you want to block on Yahoo.
- Next, click on the More settings option on the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Now, a new menu will pop up onto your screen containing different settings. Select Mark as spam.
- These messages will not bother your inbox area anymore. all the messages sent by the particular sender now will automatically move to the spam folder. It is the process of filtering or setting up rules in Yahoo Mail.
I hope you liked this article on how to block and unblock email addresses on Yahoo Mail. if you have any queries regarding any topics on Yahoo Mail, feel free to add them in the comment section below. We will definitely look into it and provide you with the solutions. After all, we are here to help you guys.