Changing your password each month is a great practice.
Changing you Yahoo Mail password can protect you from data breaches. It’s a good idea to change your Yahoo Mail password in every few months. This keeps you ahead of the curve and put your personal information, emails at minimal risk. So, here are the steps you can follow to change your Yahoo mail password.
Steps to Change Your Yahoo Mail Password
- Login to your Yahoo Mail account as you would typically do.
- Click on your username at the top right corner of your homepage. A drop-down menu will appear containing your name, email address and Account info. Click Account info.
- This will redirect you to setting page of Yahoo Mail. You will see Personal Info, Account Security, Recent Activity, Preferences, and help on your left sidebar and a dashboard in the middle of your screen.
- Click on Account Security; you might need to verify by re-login to your Yahoo Mail account.
- Now Account Security page will open in your dashboard containing a link called Change Password on How you sign in the menu. Click on Change Password.
- A new page will open on your screen through which you can change your password.
Now set a new password for your Yahoo Mail.
To make your password strong use different characters, upper case, lower case, numbers, and symbols. For Example “[email protected]()rD!” is a great password option. Be creative and create your own password which no one would ever guess.
You will be required to enter the same password twice to conforming new password.
- Click Continue to change the password. Now you will be redirected to a new page to add recovery email and phone number.
If you forgot your password and got locked out, you can recover your yahoo mail password using your recovery email or your phone number.
If you haven’t set up your recovery account add Yahoo Mail recovery account.
- Now click on Looks good, and you will be redirected to your Account Security.
If you have any other device that has your Yahoo Mail Account logged in, you will need to re-login with your new Yahoo Mail password.
That’s it; you have successfully changed your Yahoo Mail Password. Make sure that you save your password in any password manager software, or use whatever other methods to remember your password. Since it can sometimes be difficult to regain access to your Yahoo Mail account if you forgot your new password.