How do you manage your messages on yahoo? Well, I prefer creating folders on yahoo. This allows me to organize my messages based on the type of message that it is (i.e., newsletters, finance updates, etc.) instead of having them all jumbled up together in one inbox folder. If you want to create folders in yahoo, too, you can do so by following the instructions below.
- Go to Yahoo’s official website and login to your account if necessary.
- Now, go to your Inbox.
- On the Folder Pane, click on “New Folder.”
- Give a name to your folder and press “Enter.”
That’s it! You can now begin adding messages to your newly created folder.
You can create folders on all YAHOO interfaces.So, keep on reading to know how to create folders in Yahoo.
Can You Create Folders In Yahoo?
Yes, You can create folders in Yahoo. In fact, the process is very simple. You can create as many folders as you want in yahoo to keep your emails organized.
With folders, you don’t have to deal with an overwhelming amount of messages in your inbox. An organized Inbox helps you better manage your email and saves you time.
It may take a little time to create folders, but trust me, not creating one will take up a lot of your time.
How To Create Folders In Yahoo?
Yahoo provides you with the option to create folders in yahoo. You can create as many folders as you want and can organize your messages into them.
You can create folders on the web, mobile app, and yahoo mail basic interface. You can even create folders for all three interfaces together or one at a time. So let’s get started!
The users who use Yahoo on the web can create folders in yahoo by going to their inbox and clicking on New Folder.
After that, a pop-up window will appear asking you to type your folder name. Type it, and press enter or click ok! That’s all there is to create folders in the Yahoo mail Web version.
Anyway, let’s breakdown the procedure into steps:
Step 1: Go To Yahoo’s Website
First of all, visit the official website of Yahoo! If you haven’t logged in yet, then log in now by providing your credentials.
Step 2: Go To Inbox
Now, click on the Inbox option that you see on the top of your screen.
Step 3: Click On New Folder Option In The Folders Pane
You must see a pane that says “folders” on the right side of your screen. Click on it and you will see another option called new folder. Click to expand it.
Step 4: Give A Name To Your Folder And Press Enter!
Once you have clicked on “New Folder,” a pop-up window will appear. In this window, you can name your folder. So give it a unique and appropriate name and click on the enter button!
That’s all there is to create folders in the yahoo mail web version!
For Yahoo App:-
The process of creating folders in the Yahoo mobile app is very simple too. You just have to follow some steps:
Step 1: Open The Yahoo App On Your Device
Visit the play store and download the “Yahoo app” for Android or visit Apple’s official site and download it from there. If you don’t have this app, then go ahead and install it now! Once installed open it up.
Step 2: Tap The “Hamburger” Menu
The hamburger menu is present on the left side of your screen. Click it and a pop-up window will appear with a lot of options. We need to find the “Create a new folder” option from this list, so scroll down until you see the “Create a new folder” button or icon!
Step: Tap “Create A New Folder” Option And Name Your Folder.
Once you have found the option, click on it. A pop-up window will appear with a text box where you can type your folder name! Give a unique and appropriate name to your folder and tap “ok.”
That’s it. Your folder is now created!
Create Folders In Yahoo Basic
Did you switch to Yahoo Mail Basic and now you are worried about how you can create folders in Yahoo mail basic?
I know, I understand how daunting it may seem to be on a new interface. But, don’t worry! It’s a very simple and straightforward process. You just have to follow some easy steps:
- Login to your ymail account.
- Select the “+” icon on the “Folders” pane.
- Type your folder name and press “enter.”
You have successfully created a new folder in yahoo mail basic. Now, you can organize all your emails into different folders!
Why Create Folders In Yahoo?
Well, creating folders on yahoo is a very useful feature of the email service. It saves you from opening up each and every message to know what it contains.
Folders on yahoo also work as labels which means that if someone sends you an important email, then just add them into a folder called “Important” or any other name that is easy for you to remember. Below, I have listed some of the reasons why you should create folders in yahoo:
- It helps you to easily organize and search for emails
- You can create folders and name them as per your convenience. If one day, someone asks you where a specific email is located, then it will be very easy for you to track down the folder in which that message resides!
- Folders on yahoo also help us prioritize our tasks. For example, if you are working on a project and sending important deadlines to your team members, then just add it in the “important” folder.
- You can also create folders for different purposes like one with family emails and other with work related stuff! This way, it becomes very easy to organize our email accounts into separate compartments.
- It’s no rocket science that time is precious for everyone. Nobody has the luxury of spending long hours on sorting out their emails one by one. So, if you want to avoid wasting your valuable time in organizing emails, then make folders!
- You can easily find emails by searching your folders.
There are many more reasons to create folders in yahoo. So, what are you waiting for? Go ahead and create folders on your yahoo account to save yourself from the hassle of searching through all emails one by one.
Adding Messages To Folders:
Adding messages to your folders on yahoo is a piece of cake. You just have to follow some easy steps:
- Find the folder that you want to move an email into, by hovering over your folders on the left pane and clicking it when found.
- Select “+” icon present on top right side of your screen or click ctrl+a (select all) option in order to select multiple messages.
- Now, a pop-up menu will appear. Then, click on “Move.”
That’s it! Your message has now been moved successfully to your desired folder without any hassle!
Deleting Folders In Yahoo:-
Did you create a folder accidentally? Or did you change your mind and you don’t want a folder anymore? Whatever the reason might be, you can delete a folder without any hassles. Just follow these steps:
- Open the folder you want to delete and click on the “Select All” button.
- In the pop-up menu, click on “Delete.”
- A dialogue box will appear asking for confirmation. Click “ok” and your folder is now deleted!
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
You have more questions about yahoo, don’t you? Well, don’t worry! I have got you covered. Below are some of the frequently asked questions regarding the use of yahoo:
Q. How Can I Add A Label To An Email That Is Already Opened?
A: You just have to click “options” present at top right side of your screen. Then, select “add a label.” In the dialogue box that appears, type your desired name for the label and press enter.
Q. How Can I Add A Sender To My Blocked List?
A: You just have to open an email message from them and click on “options” present at the top right side of your screen. Next, click on “add to blocked sender list.”
Read How to Block an Email Address in Yahoo Mail Account? to learn more.
Q. How Can I Delete A Label From An Email That Is Already Opened?
A: You just have to open the message and hover your mouse over it for a few seconds. Then, you will see the option of changing or adding labels appears at the top right side of your screen along with “options.” Click on it and select “remove the label” from the drop-down menu.
Well, that’s all about creating folders in yahoo for now! I hope you got to learn something new through this blog post. If you have any more queries regarding the same, then feel free to contact us anytime!