What is the one thing that most people need to get done every day? If you guessed “to check their email,” then you are absolutely right. An email has become an integral part of our life, and we rely on it for so many things. This is why Yahoo Mail not syncing can be such a big problem!
There are several reasons why your Yahoo Mail might not sync, but luckily there are also fixes for all of them. In this blog post, we will go over everything to fix yahoo mail not syncing on different devices.
You can fix yahoo mail not syncing by following these methods:
- Check if you are using the latest version of yahoo mail app.
- Clear the cache and app data from your device.
- Force quit the Yahoo Mail app on your device and then re-launch it. Once you are done with these steps, wait for a couple of minutes to see if yahoo mail has synced properly.
- If you are still facing the same problem, then check if your Internet connection works well and is strong enough to use yahoo mail on your device. If it’s not working, simply switch to a different Wi-Fi network or mobile data and see if this resolves the issue for you.
Read more to learn possible fixes of yahoo mail not syncing on different devices.
Why Is Yahoo Mail Not Syncing?
There may be various reasons behind yahoo mail not syncing. Some of the most common reasons are:
- The app might be outdated and needs to be updated. This is why you need to always keep your apps up to date on all devices that you use for using yahoo mail.
- If there is no internet connection, then this can also cause problems with yahoo mail not syncing properly. This is why it’s important to ensure that you have a strong and stable internet connection when using Gmail on any device.
- The third reason could be the lack of storage space in your Android or iPhone devices, especially if they are low on memory and don’t have enough space available for apps like Yahoo Mail.
- The last reason for this could be the “throttling” of your internet connection, which means that it is either slow or unstable and yahoo mail cannot sync properly when you are using low speed connections like EDGE/GPRS.
How To Fix Yahoo Mail Not Syncing?
There are several solutions to fix yahoo mail not syncing. You can try them all one by one to see if any of these works for you. Here, I have listed some of the fixes you could use for different devices. Let’s have a look at them one-by-one.
If you are not being able to sync your yahoo mail on Android devices, then you should try out these tips:
- Clear the cache and app data from your Android device. This will clear the sign-in data, settings, and also the temporary files which further can resolve the syncing issue.
- Force quit the Yahoo Mail app on your Android device and then re-launch it. Once the active memory of the app is refreshed, you can check if the syncing issue is resolved.
- Uninstall the Yahoo Mail app and then reinstall it after a few minutes to see if this works for you or not.
- Check if you are using the latest version of yahoo mail app. If not, go to the playstore and update it.
- These solutions can help you fix yahoo mail not syncing on Android devices.
Yahoo Mail Not Syncing On iPhone? If yes, don’t worry. You can use these fixes to resolve the issue:
- Make sure that you are connected to the internet either via Wi-Fi or through cellular data. If your iPhone is not connected to the internet, then it won’t sync with yahoo mail app and this can cause problems like yahoo mail not syncing on iPhone.
- Check that LTE is turned on if you use cellular data. This is because LTE has a good data connection and works better than other connections.
- Delete the Yahoo Mail app from your iPhone device, restart it by pressing home button twice, then open App Store to download the new version of yahoo mail on your iPhone again.
- Make sure that you are using latest version of iOS operating system available on your iPhone. If not, update your device to the latest version of iOS available on your device.
These solutions can fix yahoo mail syncing issues in iPhone devices easily.
-on Windows 10
I timely face the problem of yahoo mail not syncing in my WIndows. So, I know how disturbing it feels to not be able to sync yahoo mail on Windows devices. Here are the fixes you should check:
- See if the server is down by checking it on websites like downdetector.com. If the server is up, then you can try to re-sync your yahoo mail account again.
- If there are any issues with the Yahoo Mail app installed on Windows PC or Laptop, uninstall and reinstall it properly to see if this works for you. This is sure to fix the issue.
- If you are using Windows defender on your device, then disable it and check if yahoo mail not syncing is resolved by this step.
- Make sure you are connected to the internet properly.
- Check if the settings of the Yahoo Mail app on Windows device is configured correctly. You can follow these steps to resolve it:
1. Open your yahoo mail account in a web browser and sign into your account.
2. Click on settings icon (icon with three lines) at the top right corner of the screen, then click Settings from there.
3. Under Settings, click Data.
4. Now check if the option to “sync data” is turned on or not. If it’s off, turn it on and see if yahoo mail sync issue gets resolved by this step.
These are some of the fixes you can use to make your Yahoo Mail Not Syncing in Windows devices.
For Mac users, you can follow these steps to fix your yahoo mail not syncing problem:
- Delete the Yahoo Mail app from your Mac device, restart it by pressing the command + option + ESC buttons together, and then open App Store to download the new version of yahoo mail on your Mac again.
- Check if the internet connection is slow. This can cause issues like yahoo mail not syncing on Mac devices.
- Make sure that you are using the latest version of your browser (Firefox, Safari, or any other) available for your mac device because sometimes outdated browsers might also lead to this issue.
- If there’s no problem with the network and browser, then you can try resetting the system settings on the Mac device to fix this issue.
- Try removing and re-adding your email account on the Yahoo Mail app for Mac.
I am pretty sure you will be able to fix the yahoo mail not syncing issue with these steps.
I have heard a lot that people face issues while trying to sync yahoo mail with Outlook. So, what you can do is sync Yahoo with Outlook automatically and this will help you to resolve the issue.
- Open your Yahoo Mail account in a web browser and sign into it.
- Locate a link that will activate your account’s POP under “Mail Options.”
- Sign out from Yahoo Mail, then open MS Outlook to launch it.
- Now, click on “File” at the upper-left corner of outlook window.
- Then select “Acount Information” and select “Add Account.”
- Enter the requested details in these fields and click on “Next,” followed by clicking on “Finish.”
These steps will resolve your issue of yahoo mail not syncing with Outlook automatically. You will be able to sync yahoo mail with Outlook without any issues.
It can be frustrating when you are trying to sync your Yahoo and Gmail accounts and it does not work for some miscellaneous issues. Even the Gmail app tends to run very slow. What to do in this case?
Well, troubleshoot this problem by following some steps:
- Sign-in to your Gmail account by clicking on the Gmail app icon.
- Now, click three dots at top right corner of your screen and select “Settings” from there.
- Click on “See all Settings.”
- Then, select “Accounts and Import” and “Add a Mail Account” under “Check mail from other accounts” section.
- Enter your yahoo mail address in the input text box and click the “Next” button.
- Follow on-screen instructions carefully to complete the setup process.
These steps will help you fix Gmail not syncing with Yahoo automatically without any issues.
Some Tips While Syncing Yahoo Mail
Here, I have some tips for you that you might find helpful while syncing yahoo mail:
- Sync your email only with people you trust.
- If there are some spam emails in the account, delete them to make sure that they don’t get synced while updating Folder contents on the Yahoo Mail app.
- Make sure your computer is not infected by any malware or spyware because it can block access to the yahoo mail sync feature and cause this issue.
- You can also try to use the “move mailbox” option on your Yahoo Mail app, which will help you sync yahoo mail with outlook successfully.
- Don’t forget to always check if there is any update available for your device because it might be a security patch that blocks access to yahoo mail not syncing features.
- Never close your Yahoo Mail app abruptly, always check the “log out” from the account option when you are done with it so that the next time when you open this app, a fresh session is created and all updates get synced automatically without any issues.
- Avoid using public computers or shared devices for email access because they can also lead to this issue.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
Let’s answer some of your questions regarding Yahoo Mail not syncing.
Why Is My Yahoo Mail Not Showing New Emails?
If your Yahoo Mail app is not showing new emails, then you have to wait for the synchronization process. Or, you may also have blocked the sender accidentally.
How To Refresh Yahoo Mail?
To refresh yahoo mail, press Ctrl + R (PC) or Cmd + R (Mac).
These fixes should do. If you still are not able to sync yahoo mail on your device or with any other website, please contact the Yahoo Support team. You can also drop your queries in the comment section given below. I will try to get back to you as soon as possible.