You’re probably tired of looking at your Yahoo email inbox. You’ve tried to unsubscribe from the emails, but they keep coming back. You can’t stand it anymore! So you want to log out of Yahoo Mail for good-but how? It’s not as easy as logging out of other services like Gmail or Outlook, so I’ll show you how to do it here.
To log out from yahoo mail on computer:
- Sign in to your yahoo account if you haven’t already.
- Click on your profile icon to open the drop-down menu.
- Finally, select the “Sign Out” button to logout of your account.
To log out from yahoo mail on the app:
- Open the yahoo app and login to your account.
- Now, tap your “Avatar” and select “Manage Account.”
- Finally, slide the logout button to log out from Yahoo.
Read this article till the end to learn about these steps in detail.
Ways To Logout From Yahoo Mail:
Method 1: From Computer
Step 1. Using your internet browser, open your yahoo mail. Then, search “Yahoo” in Google or you can type or paste www.yahoo.com into your browser address bar, and press Enter or return on the keyboard.
Note: If you have signed your mail account into multiple browsers, you would have to sign out from each browser individually.
Step 2. Click on the profile icon/picture or on your name on the right top: On the right top corner, you will find your name and the profile picture, go to the icon and click on it for the drop-down options.
Step 3. Click on the signout Button: there is the signout option at the end of the dropdown box in your window. That will instantly log out your yahoo account from the browser.
Method 2. Logout Yahoo from Android Application
Step1: Go to your Android Yahoo mail application:
Click on the android yahoo mail application on your mobile phone, and it shows your current login account.
Step 2: Go to top left profile icon / Avatar:
At the top left, you will find a profile icon or avatar icon, click on it then you will find the dropdown option box.
Step 3: Manage Account
Tap manage an account in the left menu: A list of your saved mail account will be opened on your new.
Step 4: Slide The Button To Log Out
Turn off the switch next to your email account by sliding the button: The selected email address will turn off from the yahoo mail application. Now you won’t be receiving any mail from here.
Note: You can turn on it later and login into it at any time.
Step 5: “TURN OFF ACCOUNT”
In the confirmation pop-up, click on the “TURN OFF ACCOUNT”: Your content of yahoo mail from your phone will sign out instantly.
Method 3. Signout yahoo from iPhone or iPad.
- Go to the setting menu of your iPhone or iPad: The grey gear icon on your home page or app folder indicates the Setting.
- Select “Passwords and Accounts” by scrolling down. There is an icon of a white key in the gray box on this option where you can find the list of all your saved accounts.
- Click on your yahoo mail account inside the “ACCOUNTS.” Selected account details will be open on the new page.
- At the bottom of the account details page, you can see the red delete account option. Click it.
- In the confirmation pop-up, click on the “delete from my iPhone/iPad.”
Now, Your content of yahoo mail from your iPhone / iPad will be log out instantly.
Way to log out YAHOO via URL: Using URL is the easiest method to log out of your yahoo account and entire yahoo network. You can bookmark or simply copy or click on the URL. The URL to logout from yahoo is: http://login.yahoo.com/?logout=1
How To Login To Yahoo?
Now that you have learned how to log out of yahoo, I guess you are wondering how to log in to yahoo.
Logging in to your Yahoo account is simple if you have a computer and an Internet connection. Just follow the steps below:
1) Open a web browser such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox on your computer. If you are using a mobile device, go to m.yahoo.com from your phone’s browser.
2) Visit Yahoo’s login page.
3) Enter your user name and password and click “Log In.”
With Yahoo, you can have various email addresses. For example, if you create a new account or use different emails for different services, you can also add up to five secondary email addresses to access your main account.
Follow this article to know more about logging in to Yahoo: Yahoo Mail Login | How to Access Your Yahoo Mail Account
More about Yahoo
Yahoo! the acronym for “Yet Another Hierarchically Organized Oracle” or “Yet Another Hierarchical Officious Oracle. This has been established as the American web service provider and has been owned by Verizon media.
Yahoo was known as the pioneer of the early internet era of the 1990s and as the most popular and promising worldwide online property in the year of the late 2000s.
But according to the data from the Net market share, it shows that yahoo handles just 7.7% of global online searches compared with 70% for Google and 11% for Microsoft Bing.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
Does Yahoo Mail automatically sign out?
It is a common question that many people ask because of its inconvenience. Mainly, it depends on how long a person has been away from his/her computer or mobile device and has already logged in to his/her Yahoo Mail account.
If you have been away from your PC for a few hours, then no problem, Yahoo Mail won’t automatically log you off. However, if it has been more than a day or two since you have used your PC to access Yahoo Mail, then the system will sign you out because that is how long it takes before your account expires after inactivity.
Why does Yahoo email keep asking for my password?
There are two major reasons why this may be happening:
1. You are using the same password for multiple website accounts, and one of those sites has recently been compromised.
2. Yahoo is alerting you that your account’s security could be at risk because someone may have obtained your password. This may or may not be connected to one of the previous reasons for compromised passwords, but you should still change your password right away.
To learn how to change your yahoo mail password, read this article: How To Change Your Yahoo Mail Password?
Now I’ve concluded an article about How to log out from yahoo mail. Hopefully, the above article has helped you out to get the ideas about logging out as well as the services provided and also a few facts and history about yahoo. Logout from a Desktop device is comparatively easier than logging out from Mobile devices. If you are keen to learn more functionality of yahoo, then do surf our website, Ymail Logins.