Does your inbox have too many unread messages that you never got around to reading? Are you tired of seeing the “1,074 messages” notification when you open up your email account? Do you want to decrease the number of emails in your inbox by moving all those emails into a separate folder called Drafts? If so, then this article is for you! We will discuss how to move emails to the drafts folder in Yahoo Mail via the web interface and Ymail Classic and how to do it using the native app. So let’s get started!
To move emails to the draft folder, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Yahoo Mail account.
- Open the emails/email that you wish to move to the drafts folder.
- You will see the “Move” option on the top toolbar.
- Select “Drafts” from the left panel and hit “Move.”
- The email will be moved to the drafts folder and a notification will appear at the bottom of your screen.
You can access all of the emails you have moved to the drafts folder by clicking on “Drafts” in the left panel. Let’s get into the details of moving emails to the drafts folder below.
About Draft Emails
The emails that you have composed but have not sent are called drafts. Drafts can be accessed later from the drafts folder, and you can send them as you please. However, the recipient will not see that the email was composed as a draft.
You can keep an email as a draft for as long as you want, and there is no limit on the number of drafts you can save. You can send/delete/edit or whatever you like to do with a draft on yahoo mail.
When you move an email to the drafts folder, it is automatically saved and available until you send it or delete it.
Can We Move Emails From One Folder To Another In Ymail?
Yes, you can move emails from one folder to another in Yahoo Mail. You have to select the email and then choose the folder to which you want to move it. The email will be moved, and a notification will appear at the bottom of your screen. The process is very simple and won’t consume much of your time.
How To Move Emails To Draft Folder?
You can move emails to the drafts folder using both the Classic app’s web interface. Read on to see how you can move emails from one folder to another in Yahoo Mail:
Move Emails To Draft Folder In Ymail Web Interface
It’s very easy to move emails to the draft folder in the ymail web interface. Just follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Sign In To Your Yahoo Mail Account
Begin by signing in to your Yahoo Mail account. If you are not already signed in, you will be asked to provide your login credentials.
Step 2: Open The Emails/ Email That You Wish To Move To The Drafts Folder.
Once you have signed in, click on the folder containing the email you want to move to the drafts folder. Then, open the email that you wish to move.
Step 3: You Will See The “Move” Option On The Top Toolbar.
Once you have opened the email, you will see the “Move” option on the top toolbar. Select it.
Step 4: Select “Drafts” From The Left Panel And Hit “Move”.
Finally, among the list of options that appear on the left panel, select “Drafts” and hit “Move.” The email will be moved to the drafts folder, and a notification will appear at the bottom of your screen.
You can access all of the emails you have moved to the drafts folder by clicking on “Drafts” in the left panel.
-Using Yahoo Mail Application
It will take a few simple steps to move the email to the Yahoo Mail App drafts. The procedure is as follows:
- Launch the Yahoo Mail App on your device.
- Once you have launched the Yahoo Mail App, enter your login credentials to sign in.
- Now, tap and hold the email that you want to move to drafts.
- You will need to select the checkbox on the email that you want to move.
- Next, tap the “Move” icon. The “Move” icon is the one that has an image of a folder in it.
- After tapping the “Move” option, select drafts from your Yahoo Mail account or create a new folder and tap it again.
The mail will be moved to the newly created draft in your yahoo mail account. You can access all of these emails by going through the drafts section of your Yahoo Mail App.
What Sort Of Emails Should Be Moved To Draft Folder?
No particular type of email should be moved to the drafts folder as it depends on the user’s preference. However, we recommend moving emails that you want to deal with later or those containing important information but are not time-sensitive to the drafts folder. This will help you keep your mailbox organized and reduce the chances of missing an important email.
If you need to send the same email to someone new that you already sent one to, you can copy the email and save it as a draft. This way, you have a copy of the email that you can use to send out again.
Advantages Of Moving Emails To Draft Folder?
If you have many email accounts with different providers, it may be hard to manage the emails. However, using a drafts folder, you can sort and organize your mail easily. Also, moving emails to the draft folder in the Yahoo Mail account will keep them safe from being deleted accidentally or lost when there is a problem with your account.
Let’s point out the advantages of moving emails to the draft folder:-
Deals with you later: Users can save the email for future use by creating a drafts folder. You may have an important idea for your blog post and want to write it down but don’t know where to start from or need time to think about how exactly this should be written. Drafts folders are for you.
Saves your time: Drafts folders help users save valuable time by organizing emails and keeping them safe from the spam folder or accidentally deleted.
Past email, a future template: The emails which needed to be sent to multiple people but you forgot to add their addresses or the email content is not final, you can save it as a draft, and when everything is ready, send it from drafts.
Saves your place: Sometimes, users stop reading an email halfway because they get busy with something else and forget about it. If the user saves the unfinished email as a draft, they can pick up where they left.
Reduce the chances of missing an important email: As discussed earlier, moving emails to the Drafts folder will help users keep their mailbox organized and reduce the chances of missing an important email.
You can keep all of these advantages in mind while deciding whether to move an email to the drafts folder or not.
Well, here are some tips that might come in handy while you are using the drafts folder:
- If you want to save an email as a draft, open it and then select the “Save As Draft” button.
- You can also forward the email to drafts by selecting the “Forward To” option and then choosing “Drafts.”
- You can also use your drafts to schedule emails for a future date by scheduling them from Ymail or Yahoo mail application
- If you want to be extra careful with the emails in your drafts, save them as a draft rather than moving them there. This will ensure all of your important information is safe and secure if anything happens to this Yahoo Mail account or device.
- When saving an email as a draft, users should know where they need it saved in their drafts folder. If you aren’t sure where your drafts are saved, go to the “Settings” option and then tap on “Drafts.” This will show all of the folders with a draft email.
- You can also save your attachments in the drafts folder so that you can easily find them later on.
- When you are finished drafting the email, be sure to select “Send” from the toolbar rather than “Reply.” This will send the email as if it were sent from the original sender and not you.
Feel free to add more tips if you have any!
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
Now, here are some of the frequently asked questions regarding the drafts folder:
Do the emails in drafts automatically get deleted?
No, the emails in the drafts folder will not get automatically deleted. However, the information you have saved as a draft is not guaranteed to be safe. For example, if your account gets hacked or there are some other problems with the server, which causes it to shut down permanently, then all of the emails in the drafts folder could get deleted.
Can I save more than one email as a draft?
Yes, users can save multiple emails as drafts. There is no limit to the number of emails saved as drafts.
Can I save attachments in drafts folder?
Yes, users can save attachments in the drafts folder. To do this, open the email and tap on the “More” button located at the bottom of your screen. Next, select “Save As Draft” and choose the destination folder for your attachments. In some cases, users might be asked to name the attachment before saving it in the drafts folder.
To sum up, saving emails as drafts can be helpful in a number of ways. It can help users stay organized, save time, and reduce the chances of missing important information.
So, if you were considering why to move some of your emails in the draft folder, go ahead and do it! You will not regret it.