You’re not alone if you have a Yahoo account that has been inactive for a while. In fact, there are millions of people around the world who have an unused email account from Yahoo. You may be wondering how to reactivate your old Yahoo account and get back into the swing of things! This blog post will help guide you through this process step by step so that you can start receiving all those emails that were sent to your old address.
To reactivate your yahoo account, follow these steps:
- Visit the official site of Yahoo.
- Click the “Sign In” butoon at the top.
- Type in your old Yahoo email address.
- If you still can reactivate your yahoo account, you will be able to choose a verification method.
- Verify your account by following the steps given to you.
- Select “Continue” and proceed to your old Yahoo inbox!
Once you complete this process, you will be able to start using your old Yahoo account again.
Read this article to know more about reactivating an old Yahoo account.
Can You Reactivate Your Yahoo Account?
If you recently deactivated your account and changed your mind, you may be able to reactivate it. But, if it was long ago, and you don’t remember your account details anymore, I am afraid you won’t be able to reactivate it.
If it has not been longer than 35 days since you deactivated your account, you can still reactivate it. But if a longer time has passed on, you won’t be able to.
And in case your yahoo account was closed due to suspicious activity by Yahoo itself, there is no way to reactivate it.
How To Reactivate Your Yahoo Account?
I see you have decided on getting back into using your old Yahoo account. After all, it’s easier to get back your old account rather than setting up a new one! Well, I am glad to see you joining the Yahoo Family again! Now, let’s proceed on how to actually reactivate your account.
There are two ways you can reactivate your old Yahoo account. The first way is by using the “Sign-in Helper,” which you can access from here. This method enables users to sign into their Yahoo accounts without even having to type out their passwords! Instead, all you will need to do is enter your email address and click on the Sign In button that pops up after doing so. This method is excellent for users who use a computer they don’t use often or share their password with someone else.
The second way to reactivate yahoo accounts is by visiting the official Yahoo login page. Just enter your email address and password into that form provided on the site, then click “Sign In.” This method is ideal for users trying to sign into their Yahoo accounts on a public computer or forget their passwords.
Let’s discuss the step-wise procedure on reactivating your yahoo account using both of these methods below:
Using Sign-In Helper
Sign-in Helper is a tool provided by Yahoo to enable users to sign into their accounts without typing in the password. It is a great helping hand for users who are not being able to access their yahoo account.
Here is how you can use this tool to reactivate your old yahoo account:
- First of all, open up your web browser and visit the Yahoo Sign-in helper page.
- Enter your email address in the given field and click on “Continue.”
- Now, select the “Yes” option, and click on the “Verify” button after you enter the code that Yahoo sent you.
- If you are able to successfully verify your email address, then congratulations! You have just reactivated your old yahoo account.
If not, I am afraid you cannot go any further than this point.
via Login Page
Now that you know how to reactivate an old yahoo account using Sign-in helper, let us move on to our following method: via the login page to activate your yahoo account. I am sure you would agree that the first method is a much faster way to get back into your old yahoo account.
However, if you have difficulty using this method or have forgotten your password, then our next best bet will be via the login page. Here’s how it works:
- First of all, open up your web browser and visit the Yahoo login page.
- Now, enter your email address in the provided field and click on “Continue.”
- If you have a chance to reactivate your old yahoo account, it will be stated in a pop-up box. If not, I am afraid you cannot go any further than this point. In case you see some options like “Sign in with alternate email address”, “Recover your password” or something similar, “Verify It’s You,” proceed further.
- Click on “Verify” and choose a verification method.
- Then, enter your verification code and click on “Continue.”
If you can successfully verify your email address, then congratulations! You have just reactivated your old yahoo account. Therefore, you don’t need to deal with the hassle of creating a new yahoo account.
How To Know If You Can’t Reactivate Your Yahoo Account?
If a month or more has passed since you deactivated your Yahoo email, or if someone else created another account with the same email address as yours, then there is no way for me to restore access from my end. So, unfortunately, I can’t assist you with that.
In some countries, you can still reactivate your account within four months of deactivation. How to know if you can still reactivate your yahoo email? Or, How to see if it’s time to give up reactivating your yahoo account?
There’s a way to find that. To know if you can still reactivate your yahoo account, follow these steps:
To see if your Yahoo Mail account has been deleted:
- Visit https://login.yahoo.com/forgot.
- Type in your email address or phone number and enter your yahoo email address.
- Now, click on “Continue.”
- If you get the message that says, “Sorry, we don’t recognize that email address or phone number.” you cannot go any further.
- In case you can still reactivate your yahoo email, you will see the Verification option in your screen.
Should I Reactivate My Old Yahoo Account Or Create A New One?
This is the question that most of our readers are asking me, especially when they get to know about this email reactivation service from Yahoo! However, it really depends on your personal preference and needs. If you have moved onto another platform like Gmail, Outlook, AOL, or iCloud and do not want to transfer all your old emails from Yahoo into that platform, then I would suggest you create a new account.
Visit Create a New Yahoo Mail Account – Ymail Signup to know how to create a new yahoo account.
However, if you are still using this email address as your primary one, then it is better to go for reactivation rather than creating a new yahoo account. There’s no doubt about the fact that it’s a lot easier to transfer all the old emails from one platform to another.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
Let’s look up to the frequently asked questions in this section:
Q. Do I Need To Be A Paid Member Of Yahoo! Premium Mail To Reactivate?
A. No, you don’t have to buy any subscription plan for going through the email reactivation process mentioned here. You can use it on both free and premium accounts without paying anything extra out of your pocket, as it is an automated service provided by Yahoo.
Q. I Have Lost My Password To Reactivate The Yahoo Account, Can You Help Me?
A. Well, if your email address has been deactivated, then there’s hardly anything that we can do here at this end to get it back up and running again without knowing your password.
This was all about how to reactivate your old Yahoo account. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact or use the comment box below for writing in, and I will get back to you as soon as possible!
Thank You! Have a nice day ahead 🙂