If you want to send email from yahoo mail, but you don’t know how don’t you worry, ymaillogin will help you understand the steps for sending an email from your yahoo mail account.
Steps to send an email to a recipient using Yahoo Mail
- Open your web browser and go to Yahoo’s official website yahoo.com.
- Sign in to your email account with your email address and your password.
- After you enter the homepage you will see the Mail tab on the top right corner of the page, click it.
- Your mailbox will open on your screen, click on the compose button on the top left corner of the page, and a new messaging box appears on the screen.
- On the messaging box, you need to enter an email address of the recipient, the subject of your email and your message.
Things you need to notice about the messaging form:
– Currently, I only have one account in my Yahoo Mail; if I had multiple email addresses, there would be a scroll button next to the address field. This will allow you to choose between your Yahoo emails.
– You can add multiple recipients from your contact list of using a comma to separate recipients. However, there is a limit on sending emails; Yahoo doesn’t disclose the number of the recipient you can send at once. But, if the limit exceeds, you will be notified. You will need to wait for a certain amount of time before you send an email again.
– To activate CC or BCC, click on CC/BCC on the top right of the messaging form.
– CC stands Carbon copy. The contacts you add in the CC field will get a copy of your email. And the person who receives the email will know who else got the message.
– BCC stands for Blind Carbon Copy. Same as the cc, people listed here will get a copy of your email but, the person receiving the email will not know who else has a copy of the email.
– You should enter a message subject. However, sending a message without a subject is totally fine. But while sending a message to multiple recipients, the message might get blocked by the spam filter. And sending a message without a subject is a bad practice.
– On the bottom of the messaging form, you will see a toolbar containing the send button to send the mail, paper clip button to attach files, images, which you might need to attach with your email. A gif button to add a gif to your mail. These are all activated when HTML formatting is enabled. And by default, they are turned on.
– You can even change the text structure from the same toolbar; you can add links to your message, change the size and color of the text, and many more.
– If you don’t want to add any of the HTML elements mentioned above, you can close the menu by clicking Tx.
– If you have some basic knowledge of HTML, you can edit your message with an HTML formatting menu.
– Here is an example:
– One thing you need to consider while sending a message is the size of the message. You are not allowed to send a message size bigger than 25 MB. This includes your message and attachments. If you want to learn how to attach a larger file, We have an article that will help you to send a larger file via Yahoo Mail.
- Now you can click on the Send button when you are ready to send your email to your recipients. If there is some error in your message, you will get an error message, and you can correct your email accordingly. Messages you sent are stored in the sent folder, which you can access from the sidebar menu on your left.
- If you don’t want to send your email right away, you can even store your email to your Draft Message or folder. For this use keyword shortcut CTRL+S to save your message or click anywhere else like the cross on your top tight to exit, or click inbox or anything, this will automatically save your message on the draft folder.
How to enable HTML or Plain Text Email?
By default, You will be editing on HTML enabled form, through which you can send differently formatted text, different colored texts, bullets, numbering, and so on.
To change from HTML to Plain Text, simply click on more options from your toolbar. You will see the Tx icon at the end of the popup. Clicking Tx will disable HTML and enables Plain Text.
To switch back to HTML, simply click the T+ sign.
How to Send Email from Yahoo Mail Adding a Signature
An email signature is a text that is appended to the end of the text by default (after Signature is enabled) every time you send an email via Yahoo Mail. Yahoo Mail signature often contains senders detail, business contact information, or a website, etc.
To add a signature to your emails that you send from Yahoo Mail, you need to activate the signature. To do so, follow the steps given below.
- There is a gear icon beside Settings on the top right corner of the Yahoo Mail. Click the gear, and a drop-down menu appears, as shown in the image below. Then click on the more setting.
- Now setting page will open where you will see a list of settings on the left sidebar of the page.
- Click on Writing Email and enable Signature, as shown on the figure. Here I have linked a website for reference, which will be attached to the end of every email I send. When you compose a new email, you will see the link, i.e., your signature in every new message.
How to Send Group Email with Yahoo Mail (Sending Email to Multiple Contact)
Sending an email to multiple contacts is pretty easy. Either you add your contacts one by one, separating with a comma or use a contact list.
To use a contact list, you can make a list of different contacts in different groups. By default, all your contacts are in a group called “All Contacts.”
Learn how to create a new contact list on your ymail account.
Click on To of Yahoo Mail form; a drop-down menu appears; you can either search contacts from all contacts by default or send email to contacts of another custom group. Here I am sending a message to members from a group called SEO contacts. Select the contacts and click done.
You cannot add an image as a signature. If you use Yahoo Mobile App and want to add a signature while sending an email, you need to confirm a signature on your app as well.
You cannot recall the message if you sent the email mistakenly.