Did you accidentally archive the emails that you did not intend to? Or did you archive some emails because you wanted to declutter your inbox, but now you want to retrieve them? You need not worry. I will guide you through unarchiving all emails in Yahoo Mail.
To unarchive all emails in Yahoo Mail, you have to follow different steps,
- Sign in to your Yahoo Mail account.
- Open the “Archive” folder.
- Select all the emails that you want to unarchive.
- Click on the “Restore To Inbox” button.
- The emails will be restored in your inbox and will no longer be archived.
What is Unarchiving In Yahoo Mail?
Unarchiving is the process of retrieving emails that were archived prematurely or intentionally. When we archive an email, it moves to a different folder and is usually out of sight. This is helpful when we want to declutter our inbox, but sometimes we may need to access those archived emails again.
People tend to archive the emails they do not need immediate access to or the no longer relevant emails. But, when there comes a time that we need those emails, it becomes difficult to find them if they are archived. That is where unarchiving comes in.
When you unarchive an email, it moves back to the Inbox folder and is visible again. This process can be helpful when we want to search for a particular email or when we want to review older emails.
What Happens When We Unarchive Emails in Yahoo?
When we unarchive an email, it moves back to the Inbox folder. It is as if the email was never archived in the first place. This means that the email will be visible again, and we can continue to receive notifications for that email.
You can do whatever you want with the email after it has been unarchived. You can reply to it, delete it, or keep it in your Inbox. It is up to you!
Can We Unarchive All Emails in Yahoo Mail at Once?
There is not a typical “Unarchive” button in Yahoo Mail. But that does not mean that we cannot unarchive all emails in Yahoo Mail at once. You can use the “Restore to Inbox” option to unarchive all emails in your Yahoo Mail account.
Before You Unarchive All Emails in Yahoo Mail:
There are a few things that you should consider before you unarchive all emails in your Yahoo Mail account.
- First, make sure that you have enough storage space available in your mailbox. If you do not have enough space, your account may be temporarily suspended.
- Second, make sure that you are aware of the consequences of unarchiving all emails. When you unarchive all emails, it is as if the emails were never archived in the first place. This means that all the old email notifications will start coming back to your Inbox.
- Third, make sure that you are organized and know which emails you want to unarchive. It may be helpful to create labels or folders for the emails that you want to unarchive. This will make the process easier for you.
How To Unarchive All Emails In Yahoo Mail?
You now know the consequences of unarchiving all emails in your Yahoo Mail account. But, if you decide that you want to go ahead with it anyway, here are the steps that you need to take:
In Yahoo Mail Basic/Classic:
Unarchiving your archived emails is very easy in Yahoo Mail Basic or Classic. You can follow some steps, and the emails will be restored to your Inbox in a few minutes.
Step 1: Sign In To Yahoo Mail
Go to the Yahoo website and sign in using your email address and password.
Step 2: Click On The “Archive” Folder
Once you are signed in, you will see the list of folders in your Yahoo Mail account. Click on the “Archive” folder to see all your archived emails.
Step 3: Select All Of The Emails That You Want To Unarchive
Now, it’s time to select the emails that you want to unarchive. You can select all of the emails by clicking on the “Select All” button, or you can select them individually.
-Click on the “Select All” button at the top of the email list if you want to unarchive all emails.
-If you want to unarchive only a few emails, select them individually by clicking on the checkbox next to each email.
Step 4: Click On The “Restore To Inbox” Button
Once you select the emails you want to unarchive, click on the “Restore to Inbox” button. This will restore the emails to your Inbox, and they will be visible again.
The process usually takes a few minutes, but it may take longer depending on how many emails you are unarchiving.
In Yahoo Mail Application:
The process of unarchiving emails in the Yahoo Mail Application is slightly different from in Basic/Classic. But, it is still very easy to do.
- First, open the Yahoo Mail App on your device.
- Sign in to your account using your email address and password.
- Now, go to the “Archive” tab and select the emails that you want to unarchive.
- Click on the “Restore Selected” button and the emails will be restored to your Inbox.
If everything goes correctly, you will see a notification at the top of your screen that says, “The selected messages have been restored.” Unfortunately, you might have to wait a few minutes for the emails to appear in your Inbox.
Why Unarchive All Emails in Yahoo Mail?
Now that you know how to unarchive all emails in Yahoo Mail, you may be wondering why someone would want to do this.
There are a few reasons why someone might want to unarchive all emails.
- They may want to clear out their Inbox and start fresh.
- They may have missed an important email notification because it was archived.
- They may have lost access to an old email account and need the emails from that account.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What will happen to my old email notifications when I unarchive all emails?
A: When you unarchive all emails, it is as if the emails were never archived in the first place. This means that all of the old email notifications will start coming back to your Inbox.
Q: What if I change my mind and want to restore the emails back to the Archive?
A: If you decide that you don’t want to unarchive your emails, it is very easy to restore them. Just follow the steps in this article and select the “Archive” button instead of the “Restore to Inbox” button.
Q: What if I unarchive my emails and then delete them from my Inbox?
A: If you unarchive your emails and then delete them from your Inbox, they will be permanently deleted. There is no way to restore them once they are deleted.
Unarchiving all of your emails in Yahoo Mail is a very easy process and only takes a few minutes. It can be helpful in situations where you have missed an important email notification or lost access to an old email account.
Please let me know in the comments section below if you have any questions. Thanks for reading!