Are you looking for a way to select all emails in your Yahoo Mail folder? Sometimes it’s too much work to go through each email, so selecting all will allow you to move them or delete them quickly. Likewise, selecting individual emails can be time-consuming, but with the ability to select all your emails in one go, it’s a breeze.
You can select all emails in the yahoo mail folder by following these steps:
- Open yahoo mail in your device and login to your account
- Thereafter, you have to scroll down and click on the Folders section
- Now choose the folder which you want to open and select the ‘Select all’ checkbox that is available above of messages
- After that, an arrow will appear next to Select all. Click on it to see a drop-down menu and perform your action.
This is how you can easily select all emails in your Yahoo Mail folder. To learn in detail, keep reading.
Yahoo Mail Folders
Yahoo mail folders allow you to keep your emails organized. You can create folders for different purposes, such as work, personal, or bills.
There are three folders in Yahoo Mail- Primary, Local Folders, and Archive.
The Primary folder is where all your messages will be stored when you first sign up for a Yahoo account. The Local Folders contain messages that have been sent or received from other email accounts like Gmail, AOL, and Outlook.com. Finally, the Archive folder is where messages are stored after being removed from the inbox.
How To Select All Emails In Yahoo Mail Folder?
Selecting all emails can be helpful when you want to delete, move or archive them. However, it’s much easier than selecting individual email messages one by one because it saves time and also reduces errors that might occur if you choose the wrong email.
To select all emails in a Yahoo Mail folder, follow these steps:
Step 1: Open Yahoo Mail And Login To Your Account
Get started by opening yahoo mail on your device. If you’re not already signed in, enter your email address and password to log in.
Step 2: Scroll Down And Click On The Folders Section
Once you have logged in to yahoo mail, scroll down until you see the Folders section. Click on it to open it up.
Step 3: Choose The Folder Which You Want To Open
Now, choose the folder which you want to open. For example, inbox, sent drafts, etc. After you have selected the folder, it will open up all of the messages in that specific folder.
Step 4: Select The Arrow And Choose “All.”
You will have to select the arrow and choose “All” among the options you get from the drop-down menu.
Step 5: Perform Your Action
After you have selected “All,” the folder will be populated with all of the emails in it, including any sub-folders. You can now proceed to delete, move or archive them as needed.
Why To Select All Emails In Ymail Folder?
Selecting all emails can be helpful in many scenarios. For example, if you want to move or delete the entire content at once, perhaps you’ve finished using it and don’t need it anymore?
Some other reasons why selecting all your messages is helpful to include:
- to archive them over time so they’re out of sight, but not out of mind.
- to delete all messages at once if they’re no longer relevant or necessary for you to keep.
- to move the emails into another folder that’s organized by your own preferences. This can be useful when you want to put them in a certain order that makes it easier for you to find what you’re looking for.
Setting individual emails takes up a lot of time and effort, whereas selecting all emails at once. Also, once you’ve chosen them, it’s quick and easy to delete or move the contents of your Yahoo Mail folder. So, I recommend using the ‘Select all’ feature whenever possible.
Advantages Of “Select all” Feature
The “Select all” feature in Yahoo Mail has a few advantages over selecting individual emails.
- It’s faster: It can take a long time to select each email message one by one. If you have several folders with lots of messages, it can be very time-consuming. The “Select all” feature allows you to select them all at once in just a few clicks.
- It’s less error-prone: If you select the wrong email, it can be difficult to undo. With “Select all,” you’re much less likely to make a mistake.
- It’s convenient: It’s easy to select all your messages with just a few clicks. No need to scroll through long lists of emails or search for the right one.
- Its easier: It’s simpler to select all your messages than selecting them individually. This can be helpful if you want to quickly delete or move a large number of emails.
Alternative To Selecting All Emails In Yahoo
The ‘Select all’ feature is the most convenient way to select emails in a folder. It helps you save time and effort, but if for some reason you need to do it manually instead, other methods can help make the process simpler.
- Click the checkbox next to the first email
- After that, press and hold down the “Shift” key on your keyboard.
- Click the checkbox next to the last email in your folder.
- Now, you can perform your desired action.
Another option is to select one message at a time and choose “Select” while holding down the Control key (CTRL). Doing this will select all the messages that are in between the one you’ve chosen and the last one. Finally, you can hold down the Shift key to select a range of emails. By clicking on the first message and then using Shift+Click, you can select a range of messages.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
It’s time to answer some of the most common questions people have about email selection.
Q: Can I select all messages that are unread?
A: Yes, you can use the same steps to select all unread emails as you would select all read ones.
Q: What if I want to only select certain types of messages, like those with an attachment?
A: You can use the filters in your Yahoo Mail account to help you select only the messages that meet your specific criteria.
So that’s it about the “Select all” feature in Yahoo Mail. I hope you found this article helpful and that it has given you a better understanding of why it’s useful to select your emails at once rather than one by one.
If there’s something else from my blog post, “How To Select All Emails In Yahoo Mail Folders,” that interests or concerns you, please leave a comment.