Nowadays, almost all the work is done through email, which helps us to communicate with people around the world. Email is not only a perfect way to communicate with people but also helps businesses to reach new, existing, and future customers in terms of marketing. However, there might be some problems when you use the email address to do a marketing business. Sometimes, seeing all the advertisements or marketing emails in the mail inbox can be annoying. So if you don’t want to receive the email and just want to send them to another email address for marketing use only then, you came into the right article. Today, we are discussing how to create the send-only email address in yahoo mail.
Here are summarized steps to create, edit, or delete a send-only email address in Yahoo:
- Login to Yahoo Mail.
- Click on the “Settings” gear icon and select the “More Settings” option.
- Click on the “Mailboxes” option from the setting page.
- On the “Send-only email address” section, click on the “Add” option.
- Enter the email address and click on the “Next” button. A verification email is sent to that email address.
- Verify the Email.
The send-only email address allows you to automatically send the email to another mail, which you will be receiving into your mail inbox. In other words, when you received a message from a specific person or business then, the message will automatically send to another email address, which you have added inside the send-only email address. So without any further delay, let’s move to the main topic of our article.
Create Send only Email Address in Yahoo Mail
You can configure the send-only email address in yahoo in simple ways with the help of the following steps down below. So let’s get started with the steps.
- Open your browser and type mail.yahoo.com, which opens the official website of yahoo mail.
- Now, login into the account using your yahoo email address and password to access your yahoo mail account.
Note: First of all, you must have your yahoo mail account to configure the send-only email address. So if you still haven’t created your yahoo mail account, then check out our article on How to create a new yahoo mail account.
- Now, hover your mouse to the “Settings” gear icon, which is at the upper right corner of the yahoo mail screen. After that, click that gear icon, which opens the drop-down menu bar where you can see lots of customization options.
- Among those options, select the “More Settings” option from the drop-down menu of settings, which takes you to the settings page of yahoo mail where you can get hands-on the yahoo settings page.
- Now, select the “Mailboxes” from the upper left corner of the yahoo settings page. Now you get inside the Mailbox management section from where you can manage the Mailbox list, Disposable email address, and our main topic: create your Send-only email address.
- So, click on the “Add” option, which is right underneath the Send-only email address. Once you click that option, it opens the email address section area where you can put different email addresses from different senders.
- Now, type the desired email address in the text field and finally click on the “Next” button, which adds the email address to the send-only email address. Note: You have to verify the email address which you have just entered on the send-only email address. Also, if you don’t see any verification message inside your mailbox then, try to resend the email address. So, follow these procedures down below to verify the email address.
- Open the email which you have entered into the send-only email address on yahoo mail.
- Now, check the mail from the yahoo into your inbox.
- Open the mail and click on the link “Click here” to verify the email address for the send-only email address activation.
- Once you click that link, then you will be redirected into the new page showing the message “Please click the button below to verify your email address.”
- So, click on the “Verify” button, and you are done.
Now, you have successfully activated your email address and also add the email address into the Send only email address.
Besides that, if you do not want to add the email address to the send-only email address or do not want to send the email to another email account, then you can also remove the send-only email address. So how can you do that in yahoo mail? Let’s take a little look down below.
Delete a Send Only Email Address in Yahoo Mail
With the simple steps down below, you can delete the send-only email in no time. So let’s move to the steps without further delay.
- Open your yahoo mail account from the browser.
- Login into the yahoo mail account with your email address and password to get access to your mail account.
- Now, click on the “Settings” gear icon option from the upper right corner of the yahoo mail page.
- You will see the drop-down menu after you click the settings option. After that, click on the “Mail settings” option to enter into the main settings page of yahoo mail.
- Now, select the “Mailboxes” option from the upper right settings page of yahoo mail.
- Now, you get hands-on the Mailbox management where you can connect to different webmail accounts.
- Search for the “Send-only email address” and then click on the email address, which you have added into the send-only email address. After that, the option opens beside the mailbox management once you click the email address.
- Now, click on the “Remove send-only email address,” which pop-up the dialog box showing the message “Are you sure want to remove ——- email address?”
- So, click on the “Remove mailbox” from the dialog box which removes or simply delete the email address. Note: Yahoo will delete all the information associated with the email address once you remove the email address from the send-only email address.
This way, you can easily remove the email address from the send-only email address or mailbox.
Furthermore, you can also edit the “From Name” of a send-only email address in yahoo mail, which helps you to remember the bio of the email address. So let’s have a little look down below.
Edit the Name on the Send-only Email Address
The process is way simple than you think, so how can you do that?
- Open your yahoo mail account.
- Login into the account using your yahoo email address and password.
- Now, click on the “Settings” gear icon from the upper right corner of the Yahoo Mail home screen.
- Now, choose the “Mail Settings” option from the drop-down menu to get inside the mail setting page.
- Select the “Mailboxes” option, which is at the upper right side of the settings page.
- Now, go to the “Send-only email address” section and then click on the email address, which you have added inside the send-only email address.
- After that, enter your desired name into the text field and then add the description (optional).
- Finally, click on the “Save” button to save your entire process on yahoo mail settings.
Now, you have successfully edited or provide the name for the send-only email address. Pretty simple right?
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
As always, I have answered some of the most common questions here. If you have more questions, let me know in the comment section.
How many times can I use the Send-only Email Address? Can I delete it once I am done with it?
You can create a new one once you are done with it. Also, you cannot delete the address, but you can modify the account settings to convert it into a Remove-only address.
How long does it take for the new email address to be active?
It takes about 15 minutes or so. I have seen them getting activated much faster than that too.
What happens if I use the Send-only Email Address for sending?
Emails sent using your Send-only Address as a from address will have “on behalf of” as part of the real from address. It is not possible to remove the “on behalf of” from a sent email because it is not an actual email address.
Do I need to create a new Yahoo account for this?
No, you can use your existing Yahoo account for this. You cannot add or delete aliases from your current Yahoo account however, you will get a new Send-only Address for your existing account.
How to Customize Your Yahoo Inbox’s Appearance?
Customizing the look of your email inbox is pretty simple. You can do it by following these steps:
1. Log into your Yahoo account and click on Mail (under the red ribbon).
2. Click on the cogwheel (top left of screen) > Options.
3. Under “Change appearance,” choose one of the following: light, medium, or dark.
4. Customize your settings by selecting which menu you want and choosing font and colors (listed in the dropdown menus). You can also change your email preview text color here.
5. Once you’re done, click Apply at the bottom of the page to save your changes.
To know more, read this article: How to Customize Your Yahoo Inbox – Theme, Inbox Spacing, Message Layout and More
Well, you have learned to add the email address to the send-only email address. And also, get hands-on delete and edit section of the send-only email address on this article. So whenever you feel like using the send-only email address section, then you can do it easily with the help of the above steps.
Furthermore, if you have a newcomer friend who wants to learn all the tips about yahoo mail, suggest him/her visit our official site YMail Login. Here we have lots of articles on yahoo mail tips that might be helpful for your friend to know more about yahoo mail.