Hey guys, adding an email signature in your Mail will give your email message a professional look. So why not utilize it when Yahoo Mail has it too? So, today I have come up with an article to help you set up your Yahoo Mail signature in no time.
Let’s start by describing what an email signature is.
What is Email Signature?
An email signature is a series of text or images or hyperlinks that are appended to the end of an email message that you sent. All the professional mail have an email signature that is added to the end of an email message.
It’s really a time-consuming process to insert your signature every time you send a message. So, for that reason, almost all webmail has automation where you can add your signature once and it automatically adds that series of text to each and every email you send. So, let’s learn how to add create a Yahoo Mail Signature.
Steps to Create Your Yahoo Mail Signature Using Web Browser
- Open your web browser and log in to your Yahoo Mail account. https://login.yahoo.com/
- Click on the Mail icon to get into your Inbox area.
- Now click on the Settings from the navigation bar of the right sidebar of your Email list page (Inbox page).
- Now, from the Settings dropdown menu, click on More Settings option from the list of options. This will open the settings page on your desktop window.
- Now, on the left sidebar of your settings page, click on the Writing email option from the list.
- Now, toggle on Signature from the Writing emails tab by clicking on the on-off switch right beside your email address on the signature option. This will open a text box where you can add your signature.
- Start typing your signature in the signature text box where it says “Write something….”
You can add text, Images, Gif, links, and HTML code to your signature. And you can also change the text formatting of your signature like increasing or decreasing text size, you can change the text styles such as Bold, Italic, and Strikethrough and so on.
- In the newer version of Yahoo, you don’t need to click on save if you are looking for one. Your signature will be auto-saved. You can close your window or go back to your inbox area after finishing up your signature.
How to Disable your Yahoo Mail Signature from Web Browser
If you no longer want to append your email signature the email you sent you can disable your Yahoo Mail Signature. Disabling your Yahoo Mail Signature is very easy. Just follow the above-mentioned steps from step 1 to step 4. Then, toggle off the signature by clicking the on-off switch right beside your email address on the Signature panel. Disabling your signature will not remove the signature from yahoo mail. If you ever want to reactivate your signature, you just toggle on the signature and it will automatically add signature your emails when you compose one.
Login>Settings>more settings>Writing email>Toggle off Signature.
Steps to Set up Your Yahoo Mail Signature Using Mobile Application
You can also set up your Yahoo Mail Signature using your Yahoo Mail app, however, you have limitations adding one. You don’t have full functionality like you get in the web version like adding images or hyperlinks text aligns, and so on. However, you can add text to your signature with the Yahoo Mail app that can be handy in emergency situations where you don’t have access to your laptop. So, without wasting time, let’s get into the steps to set up Signature using Yahoo Mail app.
- Open your Yahoo Mail app from your mobile’s app menu.
- If you have a newer version of the Yahoo Mail app, swipe your screen left to right from the inbox page or click on the profile icon on the upper left corner to open up your account menu.
If you have an older version of the app, click on the three vertical lines (hamburger menu) on the upper left corner of your screen to open up your account menu.
- Now, Tap on Settings from the menu list.
- From the settings page scroll down to General Pane, and click on Signatures.
- Now, on the Signature page, toggle on the Customize for each account to enable email signatures.
- In the text box below, your email address edit the default message “Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android” with your signature.
- If you have more than one Yahoo Mail logged into your app, you need to remove the default message and leave blank on the text box of the email address where you don’t want to enable Yahoo Mail Signature.
- Now, tap on the back button or Done to save the signature.
Test Your Email Signature in Yahoo Mail
- To test your email signature, login to your Yahoo Mail account.
- Click on the Compose button at the top left corner of your screen. It’s on the top of your left navigation bar.
- Now, on the email composing page, you will see your signature automatically added.
- To test your signature, sent a test email to one of your friends. Fill up the email composing form.
- Now, click on the Send button. And open the mail form sent folder you just sent. Look at the signature to see how it turned out. If it needs to be improved repeat the steps I have mentioned above.
There you go, all the steps that are written above are performed on the updated versions of the Yahoo mail so that you won’t have any issue following the steps. I have tried to make things simple as much as I could to describe how to set up your Yahoo Mail Signature using both your desktop browser and Yahoo Mail application. If you have still encountered any issue related to this article, you can comment on your problem in the comment section down below. I would be happy to reply them all.