In the past, I have created the AOL mail account to communicate with people and for work purposes. Then suddenly, one day I want to try another new webmail service, which is yahoo. I kept using the yahoo mail and forgot that I still have an AOL mail account. Sometimes I miss the important message from the AOL because I forget to check the account. And I don’t want to get in such kind of situation so I came up with a solution – where I can access the emails of AOL into my yahoo mail. So today, I will show you how can you automatic forward AOL emails to yahoo mail on this article.
Forwarding the AOL email to your yahoo mail isn’t as complicated as you think. In fact, you can also save time while combing your both webmail account into a single account. So just follow the procedure steps by steps down below to make it happen.
How to automatic forward AOL Emails to Yahoo Mail?
There are few simple steps to automatic forward all your AOL incoming messages to yahoo mail. So let’s move into the steps down below
- Open your browser and type mail.yahoo.com to open the official page of yahoo mail.
- Now, login into the mail account using your yahoo email address and password to access your yahoo mail.
If you still haven’t created your yahoo mail account, then check out this article to register for yahoo.
- After that, click on the “Settings” gear icon at the upper right corner of the yahoo mail home screen. Once you click that icon, it opens the drop-down menu, which shows different customization layout of the yahoo mail.
- Now, select the “More Settings” option to open the settings page of yahoo mail where you can customize your yahoo mail account with lots of settings.
- Now, choose the “Mailboxes” from the upper right side of the yahoo settings page. After that, it opens the mailbox management from where you can manage or add your other mail accounts.
- Now, click on the “Add mailbox”, which is just under the Mailbox List option. Once you click that button, it opens the different webmail accounts on the right side where you can select any webmail account to receive their emails to your yahoo mail.
- You want to receive your AOL emails to your yahoo mail, so select the AOL mail account from the list of different webmail accounts.
- Now, enter your AOL email address into the text field to receive all AOL messages to your yahoo mail. After that, click on the “Next” button for the further process.
Note: If you are signed into the different AOL account, then, first of all, sign out from all the accounts before adding the email address.
- Once you click the next button, it pop-up a new AOL sign-in page or window where yahoo asks to access all the AOL function. So click on the “Agree” button to give yahoo access over the AOL mail account. (It might take couples of minutes for yahoo to access the AOL mail function)
Note: If you do not see any AOL sign-in page into a new window, then check your browser for pop-up blockers or simply click on the “Relaunch window” button.
- Provide the name and description for the AOL account, which helps you to remember why you add your AOL mail inside your yahoo mail. After that, click on the “Done” button to end the process.
Note: Yahoo will synchronize your AOL account, which might take a couple of minutes. So be patient until the whole synchronization completes.
There you go; you have successfully added your AOL account and also forward all your incoming AOL messages into your yahoo mail. Besides that, you can also remove the AOL account from your yahoo mail if you don’t want to give access to your AOL account to yahoo mail. So how can you do that?
How to remove the AOL account from the yahoo mail?
There is an option in yahoo where you can remove the AOL mail account from the yahoo mail. In other words, you can permanently remove all the messages and data of AOL from yahoo mail. So let’s take a little look down below.
Note: User cannot revert the process once you remove the AOL mail account from your yahoo mail.
- Once again, open your yahoo mail account and sign in with your yahoo email address and password to access your yahoo mail account.
- Now, click on the “Settings” gear icon from the upper right corner of the yahoo mail home page.
- From the settings page, select the “More settings” from the drop-down menu, which opens the settings page of yahoo mail.
- Now, select the “Mailboxes” option from all those settings options, which is at the upper right side of the settings page.
- After that, choose your AOL mail account from the Mailbox list to remove the account. Just click on the AOL mail account, which slides out the option where you can remove the account.
- Now, scroll down to the end and click on “Remove mailbox” button which pop-up the dialog box showing a message “Are you sure you want to remove the account?”
- Finally, click on “Remove mailbox” to remove your AOL mail account form the yahoo mail.
This way, you can easily remove your AOL mail account from the yahoo mail to prevent from receiving the messages from AOL mail.
You have learned the easiest way to forward AOL email to yahoo mail and also how to remove the AOL mail from the above steps, which I have explained in this article. Now you can decide whether you want to receive all AOL messages to your yahoo mail or only want to access your yahoo mail by removing the AOL account.
If this article was helpful, then like and comment on the article. I am happy to read all your comments. And you can also visit our ymaillogin.net for more yahoo related tips or articles.