If you are looking for an option where you can forward all your Gmail messages to your Yahoo Mail, then you are on the right page. Gmail lets you forward all messages that appear in your inbox to Yahoo Mail or any other webmail service. In fact, the process is automatic, so you don’t have to forward the messages one by one to your Yahoo Mail Account. The Gmail forwarding option is the best solution for those who have more than one webmail account that they need to manage. So today, I will explain how you can automatically forward Gmail messages to Yahoo Mail on this article.
What is Automatic Email Forwarding?
Email Forwarding is the process of resending a message that you get in one email address to one to possibly many email addresses. So, in an automatic email forwarding, the webmail will automatically transfer / forward an email that you get in that webmail to the email address that you set as a forwarding email.
You don’t have to configure any settings on your yahoo account to forward the Gmail messages. So if you are deciding to receive all the Gmail messages to yahoo, then follow these simple procedures down below.
How to Automatically Forward Gmail Messages to Yahoo Mail?
Below are the steps that you can follow to forward Gmail Message to Yahoo Mail automatically.
- Open your browser and type gmail.com, which opens the official Gmail page.
- Now enter with your Gmail email Id and password to get access to your Gmail account.
- Once you get inside your Gmail home page, then click on the Settings gear icon, which is at the top right corner of the Gmail home screen.
- Now, choose the “settings” option from the drop-down menu. After that, it opens the Gmail settings page with lots of settings options.
- From the settings page, select the “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” tab with which you can forward all your Gmail messages to your yahoo mail.
- Now in the Forwarding box, click on “Add a forwarding address” where you can enter your yahoo email address.
- Enter the yahoo email address in the text field in order to forward your Gmail messages. After that, click on the “Next” button once you enter your yahoo email address.
- Now you will get the pop-up dialog box showing a message “Confirm forwarding address.” Click the “Proceed” button to continue the forwarding process.
Note: Gmail will send the confirmation code to your yahoo mail to verify the forwarding address. So you have to verify the code to complete the forwarding process.
- Now, open your yahoo mail account and login with your yahoo email and password.
- Once you get access to your yahoo mail, search for the conformation code message into your inbox. When you find it, then open the message to confirm the provided code.
- Now, click on the “confirmation link” to confirm the request.
Alternative, you can also copy the code and paste it to the Gmail forwarding address if you can’t get access the link. Sometimes the appeared link can be broken due to some technical issues. So how can you do these steps?
-Simply copy the code from the confirmation message and paste it in the “confirmation code” box.
-Now, click on the “Verify” button to complete the confirmation process.
- Now, select the “Forward a copy of incoming mail” and enter your yahoo email address in the text field.
Note: You can set lots of options for your forwarded messages. In other words, you can tell Gmail what to do about the forwarded messages. So follow the steps down below to set the option for your messages.
- You can choose any option from the drop-down below to tell Google about what to do with forwarded messages. So how those options do works for your forwarded messages.
–Keep Gmail’s copy in the inbox tells the Gmail to keep the original incoming message in Gmail inbox as unread.
–Mark Gmail’s copy as read will mark your incoming message as read and leaves in your Gmail inbox.
-Archive Gmail’s copy instructs the Gmail to mark the forwarded messages as read and then remove the message from the inbox. After that, it will keep the messages in the archive for retrieval. This option is pretty much a useful option that Gmail provides to its users.
-Delete Gmail’s copy option allows the Gmail to move the incoming messages into the trash folder once they are forwarded to your yahoo mail. These trashed messages are deleted after 30 days.
Note: It doesn’t matter which option you choose because you will receive a copy of the incoming message to your yahoo mail.
- Finally, click on the “Save Changes” button to save changes.
Now, this way, you can automatically forward all your incoming Gmail messages to your yahoo mail. However, if you don’t want to receive all the Gmail messages to yahoo mail, then you can also disable the options.
How can you Disable Automatic Gmail Message Forwarding?
You can disable the forwarding option with these simple steps down below.
- Open your Gmail mail account and sign in with your Gmail Id and password.
- Click on the Settings gear icon at the upper right corner of the Gmail home screen.
- Now, select the “settings” option from the drop-down menu.
- Select the “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” tab option from the settings.
- After that, select the “Disable forwarding” option from the forwarding.
- Finally, click on the “Save Changes” button to disable the forwarding message.
If you follow the above steps, then you can easily disable automatic email forwarding from your Gmail.
If you don’t have enough time to check the Gmail account or just want to access both Gmail and yahoo messages into a single yahoo mail, then this article is a life saving for you. You can easily set up the forwarding process on your yahoo with the steps which I have explained above in this article. Apart from this, you also learn to disable the forwarding option to prevent from receiving the messages in Yahoo mail.
If this article was helpful, then do like and comment or you can visit the ymaillogin.net site for more yahoo related articles. Have a nice day!