Probably you have been using your yahoo mail to create different social media and sign up to the newsletter for a very long time. And perhaps these unwanted messages are piling up and taking over your inbox that you have no intention of reading. This is a problem most of us face when we signed up to the various newsletter and create social media with a Yahoo mail account. Like most of the people, you too might not have a habit of opening the message notification that is from Facebook, Twitter, or any social media and newsletter. Going on through various articles on the web, I found a solution to get rid of these unwanted and unopened emails in Yahoo Mail. And the solution is to delete all unread emails in Yahoo Mail.
If you are having problems with the newsletter, you can unsubscribe to the newsletter, too. And we have already written an article on that topic. You can read that article to unsubscribe the newsletter. You can block an email address in Yahoo Mail too.
Luckily, unlike most of the other webmail services, Yahoo is aware of the user’s desire to keep their mailbox clean and tidy. The Yahoo Mail offers a very convenient way of removing all the unwanted emails from your inbox; the whole process can be done in no more than a couple of minutes.
So, without furder ado, let’s get into our today’s guide to delete all unread emails in Yahoo Mail.
Delete All Unread Emails in The Newer Version of Yahoo Mail
Over time, there has been a lot of changes in the User Interface of Yahoo Mail as the company adds new features to its webmail service. As new and updated features get added to Yahoo Mail, it gets more simple and more comfortable to use. The process of deleting all unread emails in Yahoo mail also differs as the version upgrades. And the main difference is only on the way you filter your unread emails, and most of the time, the rest of the process remains the same or similar.
Here is how you can delete all unread emails in the new version of Yahoo Mail.
- Open up your favorite browser and go to the Yahoo Mail login page.
- Type in your Yahoo Mail Sign in Credentials and log in to your Yahoo Mail Account.
- Click on the Mail icon from the upper right corner of your screen to open up your mailbox.
- Now, from the navigation bar of the Mail Box area, click on the smart view drop-down menu. It’s right next to the checkbox on the upper right corner of your Mail Box area.
- Now from the Smart View drop-down menu, select Unread from the list of options.
This will automatically select all the unread emails filtering out all the read messages from your Mail Box.
- Now Click on Delete Button with the trash can icon from the navigation bar of the mailbox to delete all unread emails from your Yahoo Mail Box.
Now your Mail box will look much more tidy and clean.
- Finally, if you want these unwanted email messages to be permanently deleted; go to the Trash folder from the left sidebar, then select all the emails from the Trash folder and click the delete icon.
Now, let’s move on to the next version of Yahoo Mail the Yahoo Mail Basic. If you are looking for classic mode then, the classic mode and the basic mode in the Yahoo mail are the same. Yahoo has officially discontinued Yahoo Mail classic, and it’s no longer possible to access Yahoo Mail Classic.
Delete all Unread Emails in Yahoo Basic Mail (Yahoo Classic Mail)
Yahoo Basic Mail is an older version of Yahoo Mail that was designed to be a light and simplified version of the full-featured Yahoo Mail. The Yahoo Mail Basic has significantly less features, which are designed to run better on an unsupported and outdated web browser. However, I still sometimes use Yahoo Basic Mail in my PC when I have an issue with my internet connection. This helps my mails to load faster. So, lest not leave any users behind. and learn how to delete all unread email messages in Yahoo Basic; as there is no Smart View option in the Basic Mode. You will need to find another way to filter unread emails. Thankfully, Yahoo has made this method as simple as it could be. Here is how you can do it:
- Login to your Yahoo Basic Mail.
- Now, navigate to the Search Box at the top of the screen.
- Type “is:unread” in the search box and hit the enter button or click the search button.
- This will list out all the unread emails on your Mail Box area. Now click the Select All button from the navigation bar of your Mail Box to select all the messages.
- Finally, click on the Delete button with the Trash Can icon from the navigation bar to delete all the selected unread emails from your Yahoo Basic.
Delete all Unread Emails in Yahoo mail Application
Most of us today use our smartphones for every task; may it be searching for things on the web or checking emails. So, this guide is for those who are trying to delete all unread emails in Yahoo Mail Application.
- Open your Yahoo App on your mobile.
- Now, you can either type “is:unread” on the search box, tapping the search icon on the top right corner of your mobile screen;
Or, click on the More option from the bottom navigation bar of your Yahoo App and then select Unread from the list of options.
Both of these option lists out all the unread emails on the mail box.
However, the second method will display your emails in tabs of “Today, Yesterday, This Week, and Older.” So you will need to check each of the checkboxes on each tab to delete all the unread emails.
So, I would recommend you to use the first option “is:unread” on the search bar to display all the unread emails.
- Now, check the checkbox that’s on the upper right corner of your mailbox to select all the unread emails.
- Finally, click on the Delete button on the footer navigation bar of your mobile screen to delete all unread emails in the Yahoo Mail application.
No matter what version of Yahoo Mail you are using; Yahoo has made it easier for you to remove all the unread emails. The deletion process varies according to the versions of Yahoo Mail you are using. And we will be posting the guide of the newer version when it rolls out. If there is anything you would like to discuss, do leave us a comment down below. We will be more than happy to communicate with you.
For more guides on any topic related to Yahoo Mail; read our blogs as we post all the information related to yahoo. Visit our site ymaillogin.net.