Most of us have more than one Yahoo Mail accounts that we use for our personal and business purpose, respectively. And juggling several email inbox to check the mails can be a hassle. Luckily Yahoo Mail offers you a solution that lets you combine multiple email accounts into one single inbox. This way, if you have multiple Yahoo accounts, you can merge them into one and send and view emails of that account without having to open any other second Yahoo Mail account. So, in this article, we will be looking into how you can manage and merge multiple Yahoo Email accounts.
What is an Account Switcher in Yahoo Mail
Account switcher in Yahoo Mail is a feature that allows a user to manage multiple webmail accounts with one email account. This way, you don’t have to log out of one account and log back in every time you want to switch between different Yahoo Accounts or any other webmail.
How Many Accounts Can you Add in Yahoo Mail
Yahoo allows you to add up to 50 accounts in your Yahoo Mail that you can toggle between.
How to Merge Multiple Yahoo Email Accounts
The steps mentioned in this article are performed using the Google Chrome browser. If you use any other browser, steps will be the same and will work in other desktop browsers. To merge multiple yahoo Mail account, you, of course, need more than one Yahoo Mail account. So, if you don’t have one, create a Yahoo Mail Account today. After you merge multiple yahoo mail, it takes some time to sync. Then, you will have your Name on the top section of the left sidebar of your Mailbox from where you can switch between your Yahoo Mail Account. So, let’s set up and add multiple Yahoo accounts in one.
How to Create a Second Yahoo Email Account
First, let’s create an extra Yahoo Email Id.
- First, go to Yahoo sign in page.
- Then tap on Create an Account button to sign up with Yahoo Mail.
- Now, fill-up the signup form and verify your phone number.
- Once you are verified, you will be redirected to your Mailbox.
If you want to learn more about creating an account, here is the link: Create a new Yahoo Mail account.
Steps to Add and Merge Multiple Yahoo Email Accounts
- Sign in to your Primary Email Account where you want to add your secondary email account.
- From your Yahoo Homepage, click on the Mail icon on the upper right corner. This will open your Mailbox area.
- Again, from the mailbox area, click on the Settings gear icon from the upper right corner. This will open a drop-down menu that contains some useful settings. However, you will not find the option to add secondary Yahoo Email from this settings drop-down menu.
- So, to get into the settings to add multiple Yahoo Accounts, click on the More Settings option from the list of settings in the settings drop-down menu.
- Now from the left sidebar of your settings page, click on the Mailboxes tab to open the Mailbox management page. This is where you will add any webmail to access the webmail from any other email service provider.
- Now, click on the Add mailbox button from the Mailbox management page and then select the Yahoo option from the list of webmail from the Select email provider page.
- To add your secondary Yahoo Email address to your primary, enter your secondary email address to the email box on the Add mailbox page.
- Now, click the Next button from the add mailbox page. Now, you will require to log in to your secondary email address. For this, yahoo will launch a new pop-up window containing a firm to log into your secondary email address. If the windows do not pops-up, click the Relaunch window button.
- Enter your secondary email credentials on the pop-up window to validate your email address. And then press the sign in button. After your account is verified, you will have to give your email address a label.
- So, go back to your settings page you will see your Mailbox has been added notification on your window. Now, give your Mailbox a name and a description and hit the Done Button to complete.
- Finally, your secondary Yahoo email is linked to your primary email address. It will take some time to sync, so let it do its job.
- Once the syncing process completes, go back to your inbox area, or the mail area. Click Back to Inbox option on the top of your left sidebar.
- Now, take a look at your sidebar, you will see you secondary Yahoo Mail syncing. After the syncing process completes, click on the email address to get to your secondary email address. You will not have to log out and re-login to your account every time you move between your email address.
There you go, this is how you can merge multiple Yahoo Email accounts into one. Repeat the same process to add in other email address to your Yahoo Mail account. You can add up to 50 accounts to your yahoo mail. If you are trying to forward emails from Yahoo Mail, here is a link to automatically forward emails from Yahoo Mail.
Unlink Multiple Yahoo Account
- Login to your Yahoo Mail Account, here is the link: https://login.yahoo.com/
- Now, add your login credentials and go to yahoo mailbox by clicking on the Mail icon from the homepage.
- Now, click on settings gear icon from the upper right corner of your screen and then select More settings option from the drop-down menu.
- From the settings page, click on the Mailboxes tab from the left sidebar.
- Now, from the Mailbox management page, tap on the email address from the Mailbox list that you want to remove.
- Once you select the email address, scroll down the edit panel of that email address on the right screen of your settings page.
- Now, under Reauthorize mailbox, tap on Remove mailbox button.
- Finally, confirm your action by clicking Remove mailbox from the confirmation dialogue box.
- Your Mailbox will be removed.
In this article, I have tried to highlight the methods to link or merge multiple Yahoo Email Accounts in one account. And also, the steps to remove the merged email account. Just follow the steps mentioned above, and you will be able to link more than one email address in your Yahoo Mail account.