Vacations responder, also termed as out of office reply, is a function you can enable in different popular webmail platform. The out of office reply automatically replies a message that you get when you’re away and let other people know that you are not available at the moment. When you take a break from your office, you might also be willing to take a break from the email. However, you don’t want to break your good relationship with your boss, client, or customer by not replying to their mails, right? So, with Yahoo Mail’s out of office message, you can reply to anyone that sends you to email about you not being available at the moment without having to open up your Yahoo Mail. So, in this article, I am going to guide you on how to enable vacation response in Yahoo Mail.
Vacation response can be quite a handy at times when you’re at a holiday and out of work, your mails can still be replied without you having to compose an email by yourself. For this, you will have to enable a feature (vacation response) in Yahoo, which allows you to write a message that will be sent to anyone who sends you an email when you’re not around. You will be asked to enter a message that will be delivered by Yahoo to everyone who tries to contact you via mail.
With vacation response enabled in your Yahoo, you can be free of all your worries while you are on vacation with your loved ones or your family or if you want to take some time off your work. You can either choose a particular group of contact or even every one that you prefer to send the auto-response. And after you are back from your vacations, you can easily disable this service.
In this article, we will be learning how to enable and disable auto-response or as out of office reply on your Yahoo Mail and Yahoo Mail basic. So, let’s start with the New Version of Yahoo Mail.
Enable, Customize and Disable Vacation Response in New Yahoo Mail
Steps to Enable Out of Office Response in Yahoo Mail [New Version]
The process to enable auto response in Yahoo Mail is quite simple, and here’s how:
- After you open your browser, log in to your Yahoo account.
- After you log in to your Yahoo account, go to your Yahoo Mail section by clicking the Mail icon on the upper right corner of the Yahoo homepage.
- Now, from your mailbox area, click on the setting icon to open the settings dropdown menu.
- Now, scrolling down the drop-down menu, select More Settings option, this will open up the settings page.
- From the list of options from the left sidebar of the settings page, click “Vacation response.”
- Now, take a look at the Vacation response tab in the middle section of the page. Toggle on the Turn on vacation response toggle button to enable the auto out of office response.
- After your turn on the vacation response, you are allowed to edit your email in the Preview vacation response tab on the left. This is where you will be adding your message as your out of office response.
- Now, let’s fill up a form:
First: Show vacation response during these days:
yyyy-mm-dd –> yyyy-mm-dd, this is where you will be adding the starting day and the end date of your vacation.
[Note: your auto-response will be enabled for the days or months you add in this section]
Second: Compose your message below with stationery, GIFs and more:
Here type in your message that you want to leave as your out of service response. You can make your message professional by adding GIFs, fonts, images, signature, links, on your out of office response from the toolbox of the text box.
Third: Send a different response to specific domains checkbox
If you want to personalize your email to some of the emails, you can do it by clicking on the checkbox. We will be discussing about personalizing vacation response in the next subtopic of this article. However, you don’t want that, go to the next step.
- Now, click the save button to save your auto-response.
There you go, you have successfully enabled auto response in Yahoo Mail. Now, you can close your yahoo mail and enjoy your vacation.
If you want to disable your out of service response, then simply toggle off the on-off switch from the Vacation response tab. This will turn off your auto-response.
Steps Send a Different Out of Office Response to Specific Domains in Yahoo Mail [New Version]
Now, let’s get to the next step by step guide to customize your response. The response that you would like to send to specific domains if they send you a message. This is there because you wouldn’t want to send a reply that you send to your friend to your boss or your customer, right?
Here is how you can do it:
- Login to your Yahoo Mail and go to the Settings page by clicking on the More settings from the Settings dropdown menu.
- Then click the Vacation response tab from the list of settings on the left sidebar of your Settings page.
- Now, from the vacation response page, select the auto-response to add a customized response. Now, scroll down the edit section where you type in the out of office reply. And click the checkbox “Send a different response to specific domains.”
- Next, a new form will open on the preview page, where you will need to add the domains and Message that you want to send to those domains. [This maybe your boss’s email or your customer’s email or your colleague’s] [note: you can add two domains for your personalized out of office response.]
- Now, type in your message, you have the full functionality that you get when you write your first vacation response.
- And click the save button to update your vacation response.
Steps to Disable Auto Response in Yahoo Mail
And if you decide to turn off the auto-response anytime sooner; here’s how you can disable vacation response in Yahoo Mail.
- Open your browser, login to your Yahoo account.
- Now, go to your Yahoo Mail section and click on the Settings (gear icon)on the top right corner of your screen and select more settings.
- Now, select the vacation response tab from the left menu bar of your settings page.
- Finally, from the vacation response tab, toggle-off the vacation response.
This is how you can enable, customize, and disable out of service response in the newest version of Yahoo mail.
Enable, Customize and Disable Out of Office Response in Yahoo Basic Mail
Yahoo’s basic mail is a much simpler form of Yahoo Mail. Yet is as functional as the new update to enable the vacation response service. Enabling out of office response in Yahoo Basic is similar to the latest version; however, the way you perform the steps and the user interface is different.
Steps to Enable Auto Response in Yahoo Basic Mail
- Open your browser and log into your Yahoo account.
- Click on the Mail icon from the Yahoo homepage to get into your Mailbox.
- On the top navigation bar of your Yahoo basic mailbox, you will see a dropdown menu with Account Info selected; Click the drop-down menu.
- Select settings option from the list and click on the “Go” button right beside the menu.
- Now, from the setting page. Click on the Vacation Response tab from the left menu bar of your screen.
- Now, click the checkbox “Set an automatic reply to your emails when you are out on vacation or out of office” to enable vacation response.
- Now the process of filling up the vacation response form is similar to that of the newer version of yahoo mail.
“From” is the initial date of your vacation, and To is the end date.
However, when you type in your message, you don’t get the functionality to add images and change the fonts of your text message.
- After you are finished typing the out of office message, click the save button.
- Now, if you want to send a different response to specific domains, keep on following the steps.
- To send personalize out of office response, first, click on the checkbox “Send a different response to specific domains.”
- Now type in your first domain and second domain, this may be a website or an email address of a person that may be your boss, college or your customer that you want to send a personalized response.
- Now, type in your message and hit the save button that’s on the top of your vacation response page
Steps to Disable Out of Office Response in Yahoo Basic Mail
To disable your vacation response in Yahoo basic Mail, follow these simple steps.
- Login to your Yahoo Basic Mail and click the mail icon to get into your mailbox.
- Click on the Account info drop-down menu that you see in the navigation bar of your Yahoo Basic mailbox.
- Now select the settings option from the drop-down menu and click the Go button.
- Next, from the settings page, click on the Vacation Response from the left sidebar.
- Now, finally, to disable the auto-reply to your emails; uncheck the checkbox “Set automatic reply to your emails when you are out on vacation or out of office” and hit the Save button.
There you go, these are the steps to enable, disable, and send a personalized auto-response to your emails when you are out on vacation.