Yahoo account key is a security feature, which allows you to get access to your account with a simple click on your mobile device. When you enable account key on Yahoo you don’t have to enter your password while logging into your Yahoo Account. Password is like a key of your home, and if you lost your key, your home is at risk; likewise, if you forget your password or someone knows your password, then they can enter your account and miss-use your account, and you won’t even know.
Setting Up Yahoo Account Key is very simple. Just Login to Yahoo Mail. Go to the Account Security section. Click on “See how it works” blue button. Choose your mobile to be notified on and click on the Yes, send me a notification. Confirm the request notification for login. Now resume to your browser and click on the Always use Yahoo Account Key. Click on the confirm button. A message saying, “Yahoo Account is enabled.” is displayed.
So, to make your account secure, you can activate the yahoo account key instead of using a password that can get hacked. Account key has a physical verification from a trusted device whenever you try to get access to your account.
Before you set yahoo account key, you should have:
- Yahoo account
- An IOS or Android device
- Yahoo mail application in your mobile – phone
How to configure Yahoo Account Key Using Web-browser?
- Open any web-browser you are using and type www.Yahoo.com. Log-In to your account using username and password.
- Click on the profile icon on the upper right corner of your screen, which is just beside the mail icon. Then click on the Account info just below the email address
- Click on Account security.
- After you click on Account security. On the right side, you will see “See how it works” click on the See how it works, blue button.
- Now choose your device and app to be notified on and click on the Yes, send me a notification.
- Now, you have to confirm the request notification for log-in. For that come back to web-browser, and you need to click on the Always use Yahoo Account Key.
- Finally, click on the confirm button. You will get a message saying, “Yahoo Account is enabled.”
you don’t need to enter the password if you try to log-in to use the Yahoo Mail account next time, you have to confirm the log-in request by clicking “YES” on the notification in your smartphone.
How to configure Yahoo Account Key Using Android and IOS Device?
- Open Play Store for Android and App Store for IOS device.
- Download and install the Yahoo Mail Application.
- Open the Yahoo Mail app and log-in to your account.
- Click on the profile icon. Now, you will see the setting on the left side of your mobile screen.
- Click on the Account key, which is just below your email address.
- Under “Yahoo Account Key,” click on the Setup Account Key and wait few seconds.
- Now, click on the green checkmark on the Sample Account Key screen.
- Click on the Got it button after you click the green checkmark.
- Now, confirm your mobile number by clicking on the Enable Yahoo Account Key button.
- You have successfully set up your Yahoo account key. Now click on the Great, got it! Button to complete the process and to go back to your Yahoo Mail app.
How to Use your Yahoo Account Key?
- Open any web-browser you are using and type www.Yahoo.com
- Click on the sign-in button on the upper right corner of your screen.
- Now, enter your yahoo email account and click next.
- Now, you will get a notification on your mobile where you will have to give permission to log in to your email id.
Click yes to confirm the log-in request and click No to reject the log-in request.
- If you didn’t receive any request notification in your mobile phone then, you can click on the Resend button to resend the account key activation request to get log-in to your account.
- After the one-click on Yes, will proceed to your account of Yahoo Mail.
Disable Yahoo Account Key from Desktop
- Open your browser and go to Yahoo sign-in page.
- Enter your Email address and click the Next button.
- Now you will get a code or yahoo mobile application will ask if you are trying to log into your yahoo mail.
Grant access by tapping the yes button.
- Look at your desktop window, you will be logged into your Yahoo Account.
- Click on the Profile icon at the upper right corner and click Account Info right below your email address.
- Now, on the Account info page, click on the Account Security tab on the left sidebar of the screen.
- On the How you sign in section of Account Security page, click Manage link.
- On the Manage Account Key page, click on the Disable Account Key button at the bottom of the dialogue box.
- Now, again click on Yes, disable Account Key button from the confirmation dialogue box.
- Done, you have successfully disabled your account key. Now, you can log in to Yahoo Mail with your password.
Finally, Click on Got it button to complete the step.
How to Disable Yahoo Account Key From Your Mobile?
- Open Yahoo Mail Application on your device.
- Now log-in to your Yahoo Mail account.
- Click on the profile icon or the menu icon from the top left or swipe right to bring setup.
- Now, click on the Account key just below the email address of your Yahoo Mail.
- Now click on the Manage Account Key option from the list.
- There you can see a list of devices you have used your account. Now, click on the switch of every device you want to stop push notification.
- Now to disable Account Key, click on the Disable Account Key at the bottom of your mobile screen.
- Finally, click on the Got it button to end the process.
You have successfully Disable the Yahoo Account Key.
These are the step by step process to activate and disable Yahoo Account Key. If you have any questions regarding this article, you can feel free to contact us or comment on your queries in the comment box section below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the difference between Yahoo Account Key and Yahoo Password?
The differences between Yahoo Account Key and Yahoo Password are:
- If your account has Yahoo account key enabled, you don’t need to type anything to login. Just a few clicks on your mobile device will do the trick. But if you are Yahoo Password, then you must type your correct yahoo password to login to Yahoo.
- As per Yahoo, the Yahoo account key is a more secure method than using Yahoo Password as it adds one extra verification layer of Verification via your mobile phone.
- Passwords are like your home key, if you lost it, you could not get inside, and your home is at risk too. But Yahoo Account Key is dependent on your Mobile phone. So no need to worry about password anymore.
How to disable yahoo account key without logging in?
I am sorry to say, but you cannot disable yahoo account key without logging in to your Yahoo Mail account.
If you are confused with the steps to disable yahoo account key, then check out this article.
If you are using Desktop, then refer to the “Disable Yahoo Account Key from Desktop” section. If you are using Mobile Application, then refer to “How to Disable Yahoo Account Key From Your Mobile?“
If you forgot your password, then check the article “How to Recover Yahoo Password?“