Were you trying to filter your yahoo mail and accidentally blocked someone? Or do you wish to unblock someone who you previously blocked because you had a misunderstanding with that person? Or maybe you want to unblock someone so that they can send messages and emails your way again? If any of these cases are true, this article is for you.
In this article, I will teach how to unblock contacts in yahoo mail so that you do not have to worry about it anymore.
To unblock contacts in yahoo mail, you have to follow these steps:
- Login to your Yahoo account.
- Go to settings by clicking the gear icon in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Click on blocked addresses under ‘Manage Blocked Addresses’ tab.
- Scroll through and find the address you wish to unblock.
- Click on the unblock button.
It is as simple as that! Yahoo mail will now allow messages and emails from that address again. Keep reading to know about unblocking contacts in yahoo mail in detail.
Blocking And Unblocking Contacts
Before getting started with this article, I would like to explain a few things. First, blocking and unblocking contacts is a way to manage your yahoo mail contacts. When you block someone, it means that the person will not send messages and emails to your account anymore. On the other hand, when you unblock someone, it means that the person will send messages and emails to your account again.
You can block a contact if you do not want to receive messages from that person. For example, if someone is harassing you with unwanted emails and texts, it would be good to block them. But sometimes, things might get out of hand and accidentally shift the wrong name into the blocked list. You can always unblock the person if you want to. So, if you are holding back from blocking someone because you are unsure if it is the right thing to do, don’t worry. You can always undo what you have done.
Can You Unblock Contacts In Yahoo?
Now that we know about blocking and unblocking contacts, the next question is – can you unblock contacts in yahoo mail? Again, the answer is yes; you can unblock contacts in yahoo mail. Furthermore, you can unblock as many blocked contacts as you want.
Unblocking someone is easy and quick if that person has been blocked by mistake. It would be a bit difficult if the person was blocked on purpose because it might mean that you have to apologize for what happened or make amends with them before they accept your apology. But even in those cases, unblocking them is just as simple as blocking them.
Before You Unblock Contacts
If you are planning to unblock contacts in yahoo mail, then I would suggest that you think twice before doing so. Remember, if you unblock someone without apologizing or making amends with them, they will not be happy and might ignore your apology.
On the other hand, if you unblock someone and apologize to them, they might be more likely to forgive you. So, it is up to you whether or not you want to unblock someone in yahoo mail. Anyway, let us get on with it.
How To Unblock Contacts In Yahoo?
If you have made up your mind to unblock someone in yahoo mail, then why not do it? You never know what value that contact might have for you in the future. So, if you want to unblock someone, then follow these steps:
Step 1: Login To Your Yahoo Account.
Start by logging into your Yahoo account. This can be done from any device with access to the Internet; it could be a computer, laptop, smartphone, or tablet.
Step 2: Go To Settings
Once you have logged in, you need to go to the settings. This can be done by clicking on the gear icon that is located in the upper right corner of your Yahoo screen.
Step 3: Click On Blocked Addresses Under “Manage Blocked Addresses” Tab.
Once you have clicked on settings, a new page will open up, and you will see a tab called “Manage Blocked Addresses.” Click on this tab, and it will take you to a list of all the people you have blocked in your Yahoo account.
Step 4: Scroll Through And Find The Address You Wish To Unblock.
Next, you need to scroll through the “blocked addresses” list and find the address that you want to unblock. Once you have found the address, click on it.
Step 5: Click On Unblock Button
You will either see a trash icon or an “Unblock” button beside the upper right corner of your screen. Click on it to unblock that particular address.
After unblocking the address, go to your email inbox and send a text message or an email to that person. This will let them know that they are no longer on your blocked contacts list, and they can contact you if they want to.
What Happens When You Unblock Contacts In Yahoo?
When you unblock contacts in yahoo mail, the following things happen:
- The person that you have unblocked will be able to send you emails without any problems.
- You will be able to send them emails and messages without any problems.
- Their email address will be removed from the ‘blocked addresses’ tab that is located under settings.
- You will be able to see their profile if they have a Yahoo account.
If you have unblocked someone in yahoo mail, then here are a few tips to help make the process smoother:
- If you want to unblock a contact, then make sure that you know why you blocked that particular person in the first place. This will help you decide whether or not it is a good idea to unblock them.
- If you have accidentally blocked someone, then make sure that they know about it and apologize for your mistake immediately. If they are understanding enough, then they might forgive you and accept your apology without any problems.
- Do not ignore their emails. If they send you an email after you have unblocked them, then try to reply to it as soon as possible. This will show that you are interested in maintaining a good relationship with them.
- If they send you a text message, then try to reply to it as soon as possible because this will show that you are interested in maintaining a good relationship with them.
- If they send you an email and do not get any response from your side for more than two days, then consider blocking them again because this will show that you are not interested in maintaining a good relationship with them.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about how to unblock contacts in yahoo mail:
Can I Go Back To Normal If I Unblock Someone?
Yes, you can go back to normal if you unblock someone. The person that you have unblocked will be able to send you emails without any problems.
Why Am I Not Being Able To Unblock Someone?
There are a number of reasons why you might not be able to unblock someone.
- One of the most common reason is that they have blocked you as well, which means that neither one of you will be able to send emails or messages to each other.
- Another reason could be due to some technical issue with your computer or laptop. For example, if your computer is infected with a virus or malware program then this might cause problems when you try to unblock someone.
- If none of these reasons apply to you, then contact the customer support team at Yahoo and they will be able to help you solve this problem.
Unblocking someone in yahoo mail is an easy process and can be done in a few simple steps. However, it is important to remember that you should only unblock someone if you have a good reason for doing so. If you have any questions or concerns, contact the customer support team at Yahoo, and they will be more than happy to help you.