Yahoo! Mail is an email service launched in 1997. It was a forefront runner on Email Service and was at the top of its league from 2002 to 2011. After 2011 Gmail started to raise a new giant on Email Service, and Yahoo Mail’s popularity slowly declined. Even though Yahoo Mail is not the most popular Email Service Company, a lot of people still use Yahoo Mail as their primary Mail. In this article, we will guide you on how to log in to Yahoo Mail from Desktop, Android devices, and iOS devices.
If you are in a hurry, then there is a summarized version of “how to login to Yahoo Mail.”
- Open any internet browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.) and goto the website “https://mail.yahoo.com/.”
- Type your correct yahoo username and click next.
- Now type your correct yahoo password and click next.
- Congratulation, you are logged in to Yahoo Mail.
Let’s move on to more detailed steps to log in to Yahoo Mail.
Yahoo Mail Login – Using Desktop Browser
Login to Yahoo Mail using a desktop is straightforward; all you need is an internet browser. You can use any internet browser like Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Opera, etc.
Steps to Login to Yahoo Mail:
- From your desktop, open any preferred internet browser and go to website https://mail.yahoo.com/ or “https://login.yahoo.com/
- The browser will redirect you to the Yahoo Login page. If you are already logged in, then you will be redirected to the Yahoo Inbox page or on the Yahoo Home page.
Note: If you don’t have Yahoo Mail Account, then you can SignUp for Yahoo Mail.
- From the Yahoo Login page, type your correct yahoo username on the input field from and click the “Next” button. It will redirect you to the Yahoo Password page.
On the Yahoo Login Page, we have “Stay signed in” checkbox. By checking that checkbox, you can conveniently stay signed in without having to enter your yahoo username and password each time. Never check this option if using a shared or someone’s else computer.
- From the Password page, type your correct yahoo password and click “Next.”
- If your credentials are correct, Yahoo will redirect you to the Yahoo Mail Inbox page. If you get redirect to Yahoo Home page instead, then click on the mail icon from the top-right corner; yahoo will redirect you to Yahoo Mail Inbox Page.
Note: If your credentials are incorrect and you forgot your password, then you can easily reset your password with just a few clicks. Check the article “ How To Recover or Reset Your Yahoo Mail Account Password” for more information.
Login To Yahoo Mail Using Mobile Application
If you are more of a mobile person, then Yahoo has got Yahoo Mail Application for the mobile device. The application is available both on Google Playstore as well as App Store.
If you don’t have Yahoo Mail Application on your mobile device then you can download using the following link mentioned below:
The steps to log in to Yahoo Mail using Mail App is exactly the same for both Android and iOS Devices. In the steps below, we have taken the reference of Android Device.
Steps to Login to Yahoo Mail:
- Open Yahoo Mail App on your Mobile device. If you don’t have Yahoo Mail App installed, you can install it from Google Playstore (for Android user) or App Store (for iOS user)
- For the App, tap on the “Sign in with Yahoo” button; App will redirect you to Sign in Page. If you don’t have Yahoo Email, then you can create one by tapping on the “Sign up” link.
- From the Sign-in Page, tap on the Email address input field and type your correct Yahoo username and tap the “Next” button. The App will redirect you to the Password page.
- From the password Page, tap on the Password input field and type your correct Yahoo password and tap on the “Next” button.
Note: If you don’t remember your password, tap on the “Forgot password?” link from the page to reset your password.
- Once you entered your correct Yahoo username and password, Yahoo will redirect you to your Yahoo Mail Inbox page.
- Congratulation, you have successfully logged in to your Yahoo Mail. When you open your App next time, you don’t have to log in to Yahoo Mail. The App will directly redirect you to Your Inbox page.
How to Login To Yahoo Mail If you Have “Yahoo Account Key” enabled.
A Yahoo account key is Yahoo Mail’s new security feature that allows users to log in to their Yahoo Mail without the need for a password. Instead, the user needs to verify the email using their mobile device.
Steps to Login to Yahoo Mail:
- Open the browser on your computer and navigate to https://mail.yahoo.com/ or “https://login.yahoo.com/. If you are not logged in to yahoo mail, the browser will redirect you to Yahoo Login Page.
- Enter your Yahoo email account and click “Next.” Since you have Yahoo Account key enabled, instead of Password Page server will redirect you to a prompt page where yahoo will ask you to verify your account key using your mobile device.
- Open your mobile device on which you have set your Yahoo Account Key. Yahoo will send you a prompt message saying if you want to allow or deny the sign-in request.
- Tap Yes to proceed or No if you think someone else is trying to access your account.
Note: If you do not receive the notification on your mobile device, then you can retry again by clicking the “Resend” button from the Yahoo page.
- After tapping the Yes option from your mobile device, you will get access to your email account on your browser.
How To Log Out Of Yahoo Mail?
Logging out of Yahoo Mail is a simple task that you can perform from the Yahoo Mail website. If you are concerned about privacy, you may want to log out of your account on a regular basis. Here is how to log out of Yahoo Mail.
To log out from yahoo mail on computer:
- Sign in to your yahoo account if you haven’t already.
- Click on your profile icon to open the drop-down menu.
- Finally, select the “Sign Out” button to logout of your account.
To log out from yahoo mail on the app:
- Open the yahoo app and login to your account.
- Now, tap your “Avatar” and select “Manage Account.”
- Finally, slide the logout button to log out from Yahoo.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
Why can’t I log into my Yahoo email?
There are a number of reasons you may not be able to access your Yahoo email. Let’s take a look at some possibilities:
Your account’s been hacked or hijacked – If you think that someone else might have gained access to your account, then please read this article on preventing and recovering from hacking.
Your password has been guessed – It sounds unlikely, but it does happen. If you’ve started to receive spam to your email address, then someone might have guessed your password. We’ll show you how to restore or change your account password.
You are using the wrong login details – Make sure that you are entering your email address and password correctly. We also have instructions on how to reset your password if you can’t access your account.
You’ve forgotten your username – This is the email address that you registered with. If you can’t remember it, then please follow this link for some helpful advice.
Your email has been disabled by Yahoo! – We’re sorry to tell you this, but unfortunately if Yahoo’s security team believes there’s a risk to your account security, they may have disabled it. You can check this by trying to login again here
Your email has been shut down – If Yahoo suspects that you are breaking their Terms of Service, then they may have suspended or terminated your account.
You’ll need to contact Yahoo! for help – Unfortunately, I don’t have any more information on why your account might be suspended. I recommend that you contact Yahoo! directly for help. You can contact them via the Help section of their website.
How can I contact Yahoo Mail?
You can contact Yahoo Mail via the following options.
– Yahoo Mail app: Manage your mail in an easy-to-use app! http://mail.yahoo.com/apps
– Yahoo Mail support site: Find answers fast with comprehensive help articles and videos. https://help.yahoo.com/
– Yahoo Mail Community: Connect with others around common interests. https://community.yahoo.com/
– Yahoo Contact Number: 800-305-7664
Please note that these contact options are not monitored 24/7.
Finally, we learned how to log in to Yahoo Mail using the Desktop browser as well as Mobile Devices too. We also discussed how to log in to Yahoo Mail if your Email has Yahoo Account Key Enabled.
If you want to learn how to use yahoo and its services effectively, please check out our other articles too. There are a lot of cool tricks and guides related to Yahoo Mail.